Hair extensions supplying own hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Morning people! I have a few clients booked in for hair extensions, I use hair planet.
One of my client wants to supply her own hair, it’s for nano rings.
Does anyone else let there clients supply there own hair or not?
Does anyone give there clients a hair guarantee? Worried that a client may not take good care of her hair and then come back and ask for her money back etc.

Simply hair do a form that she would fill in stating that you take no responsibility for the hair etc

get her to sign that?

Can I get these online or do I make my own? Just don’t want to me taking out a tangled mess so I think I should probably have something in writing x

Depends what type of client you get 99% of the time I go off by myself and order my own brand of hair for my hair extensionist to fit, purely because I like to do my own research and a lot don't disclose what brand they use. I would never hold my hair extensionist accountable for the hair IVE chosen.

Xx

Don't do it.It's not worth the hassle etc.If anything goes wrong the client will blame you and it is your reputation.I only fit the hair I provide myself x

I have no prol3ms fitting hair bought/supplied by a client, I have a dorm that I made that states the clients chose which method and supplied thier own hair. The only time itbwont do it is if I don't agree with the method the clients wants. Ie a weave on thin damaged hair. I guess it's p3rsonal choice.

Just ask her what hair brand she is using and do your own research to see how the hair the client will buy, is reputable or not.

Thanks guys. She’s chosen beauty works so I’m more than happy to do it. Thank you

I've always done this, because not everyone can afford the hair I use which I completely understand so if they ask, I will, I've put some terrible cheap hair from ebay in and Ive said to them this really isn't good hair and explained all that wI'll probably happen but the still decide to have it in! Crazy but it's on them!

I don’t have a problem with clients buying their own hair. It’s usually because they already use a brand they like or they are limited to a budget, either way it’s think it’s pretty obvious that they can’t complain about the quality of the hair and expect any kind of refund on that basis! Xx

I don’t have a problem with clients buying their own hair. It’s usually because they already use a brand they like or they are limited to a budget, either way it’s think it’s pretty obvious that they can’t complain about the quality of the hair and expect any kind of refund on that basis! Xx
Would you do a consultation prior to fitting if they are a new client? I have had enquiries about fitting clients own hair recently, but have avoided doing it. But I don't like turning people down.

Latest posts

Back