Hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgxexmx

Reaction score
I am a hair extenionist and i am having my hair done. I use remy hair on my clients although i wanted to get european hair on myself. Is it worth spending all that money on it ?

Yes. I never use anything but European (spanish) polish or russian. Worth every penny.

do you know of any good places i can get them from? without it costing too much ? thanks x x

Sorry, I use the top supplier in the industry, but he is definately not cheap!

Sorry, I use the top supplier in the industry, but he is definately not cheap!

Me too , No cheap hair = happy clients and no matted fur balls :lol:

I too definitely think Pure Virgin hair or best European from a reputable hair merchants is well worth it ,
as it re usable over and over again :) minky

Good suppliers of hair are

Tasha Jacks - fantastic quality
Celebrity Elite - great priced hair
There is a seller on ebay that one of my clients have used and the hair is beautiful and I know of someone else who has purchased hair from this seller and they where more than happy, she was the one who told me about it.

if you want details let me know and I will put them on here.

Hi
is it the seller called gallina? if so I have searched on ebay and can't find them?
Thanks
Sarah

Yes thats her i will see how she spells her name and get back to you.

I mainly use Banbury Postiche its been supplying wig makers and wig making colleges
for many years
here's a link below,

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...vMXdBg&usg=AFQjCNFOx1MnvxV3PEEf4HrXKGAy3NYJEw

but I only buy their best European hair which is Pure virgin double drawn hair , they match up any colour or texture you want ever so perfectly ,
and you only need 90 grams of 16 inch hair to get a full head of extensions
its nearly as thick on the top as it is on the ends so there's no wastage , and there's always some left over , for maintenance or top ups etc....

Don't remove the hair from the bundle, just slide down the cotton binding bit by bit holding the top of the hair very very firmly so the cotton binding slides down very evenly
then separate all the top bits with silver section clips
then bond each little piece of separated hair at the top with keratin and your heat connectors I usually use a bit of cloth or card to cover the rest of the hair I am not bonding , make sure it all melts through the bonds or the hair will slip out of the middle of the bonds,
you can then make the bonds into any shape you want :) x minky

I mainly use Banbury Postiche its been supplying wig makers and wig making colleges
for many years
here's a link below,

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...vMXdBg&usg=AFQjCNFOx1MnvxV3PEEf4HrXKGAy3NYJEw

but I only buy their best European hair which is Pure virgin double drawn hair , they match up any colour or texture you want ever so perfectly ,
and you only need 90 grams of 16 inch hair to get a full head of extensions
its nearly as thick on the top as it is on the ends so there's no wastage , and there's always some left over , for maintenance or top ups etc....

Don't remove the hair from the bundle, just slide down the cotton binding bit by bit holding the top of the hair very very firmly so the cotton binding slides down very evenly
then separate all the top bits with silver section clips
then bond each little piece of separated hair at the top with keratin and your heat connectors I usually use a bit of cloth or card to cover the rest of the hair I am not bonding , make sure it all melts through the bonds or the hair will slip out of the middle of the bonds,
you can then make the bonds into any shape you want :) x minky

i must compliment you.
you go to a great deal of trouble to get the right result for your clientes.
it puts a smile on my face when i see good operators.
been there!!!:lol:

hey minky i have been on that site , is it that 16 inch is the longest they do? as i was looking for 20/22 inch long?
x x

Is Asian hair any good I looked on that link for banbury listed above and I didn't see the European hair only Asian

Is Asian hair any good I looked on that link for banbury listed above and I didn't see the European hair only Asian

have you ever seen an Asian with bad quality hair?

Asian hair is good
European hair is good and your hair (possibly good) lol

Supplier and manufacturer process knowledge is the key.
if unsure of your supplier buy virgin hair until you find a capable supplier.

Rare but possible (must look under rocks to find) you can find good quality Indian and Asian.
i use all 3 types. It all comes down to their CHEMICAL PROCESSING KNOWLEDGE !

hey minky i have been on that site , is it that 16 inch is the longest they do? as i was looking for 20/22 inch long?
x x

Hi just ring them , I am sure if they have some longer European hair in they will help you out :)

Hi, the European hair is pattern matched hair in the link below :hug: hth

2009 Price List PATTERN MATCHED PREPARED HAIR
FINEST SELECTED MATCHED EUROPEAN HAIR ONLY SUBJECT TO ADDITION FOR TAX AND CARRIAGE CHARGES ALL PRICES IN £ PER 30 GRMS UNLESS OTHERWISE SHOWN (Minimum Supply - 30grms)

i must compliment you.
you go to a great deal of trouble to get the right result for your clientes.
it puts a smile on my face when i see good operators.
been there!!!:lol:

Thank you for the compliment luscious lox;
but I don't really operate on clients either nowadays, :) excepts the occasional family and friends ,
(I sound like a surgeon lol :lol:)

There are so many seasoned professional hair extensionists including yourself on here, also Persianista Sophisticuts, Tammyliecester, and Lancashirelass, and others who have spent many years researching really good hair to use ,
and we don't mind giving good hair advice if it helps others along the way :hug: x minky

aw thanx minky your a star!! x

Thank you for the compliment luscious lox;
but I don't really operate on clients either nowadays, :) excepts the occasional family and friends ,
(I sound like a surgeon lol :lol:)

There are so many seasoned professional hair extensionists including yourself on here, also Persianista Sophisticuts, Tammyliecester, and Lancashirelass, and others who have spent many years researching really good hair to use ,
and we don't mind giving good hair advice if it helps others along the way :hug: x minky
support is what i offer for work anyway so it nice to help out. especially whens its second nature.i still practice from time to time and we not too far from being doctors, Ive been head hunted to go to LA to fix a huge celebrities hair. im trying to decide weather i should do it or not. the risk is high because she might shave it off if you know what i mean.

Hello!

I am a new extensionist and am trying to find good quality hair suppliers of pre bonded indian remy hair and also russian hair.
Price isnt really an issue as I would like to find hair that varies in cost but has to be best quality!

Can anyone help point me in the right direction please? x

Latest posts

Back