Hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolesx

Reaction score
hi everyone..

i do beauty not hair but i have had cinderella hair extensions put in twice now and they are only lasting me like 2 months. my hair is blonde and it just seems to be getting shorter and shorter underneath them. my hair was about a ince or 2 below my sholders and now it sits just on my sholders :(

i have seen the weves in one of my sisters friends hair and the hair is only £50 and they last about 2 months and i was wondering what would be better for my hair.. im getting it dyed darker next week to try help my hair but my hairdresser hasnt been puttin the blonde thru the ends of my hair so i dont understand how its snapping?

any ideas?

nicole xx

Does your hairdresser cut your own hair before applying extensions?

Also what do you mean by they only last you 2 months? :irked:

They r suppose to last 4 months and they arnt. Two sets have needed out within 2 months cause they are fallen out. For 2 weeks 1 fell out every morning. No she isn't cuttin my hair at all x

Hi,

First of all, if they are hot fusion bonded, yes they should last longer than 2 months before they all come out,and no you shouldnt be losing 1 every morning?

did you follow the correct aftercare? did you tell your extensionist that they were coming out so readily? have you told her your hair seems alot shorter?

I would go to her and ask her before asking anyone else.

I dont see how having your hair dyed darker will help your hair? if your hairdresser isnt applying colour to the ends,unless it is very badly damaged already, which it would be better just to keeo having your roots done,and nourish the ends, and have them trimmed regularly.
Even if the extensions were badly fitted, and caused your hair to fall out, this would of been done from the root, not the ends? Its impossible for extensions to make hair snap at the ends

as for you saying your hairs gotten shorter without cutting, impossible, surely she blended the extensions in after fitting? maybe she cut your natural hair along with the extensions?

I would maybe have a chat with your extensionist

Kate x

yeh they are the hot bonded ones..

i do the beauty in her hair salon so i have spoken to her about this.. no she doesnt not cut my hair to blend in with the extensions at all. my layers are short at the top.. my hair is a inch shorter one the left side than it is on the right side. and is alot thinner than it was before they were in.

no colour has been put thru my ends at all because my hair is snappin from the bottom and it wasnt doin this since i started gettin the extensions so i am wondering what else it could be if not the extensions.

im due to get them out next week and get my hair all coloured and need them put back in because my hair just doesnt look rite as it is so much shorter xx

So is your natural hair damaged? If your ends are frazzled and in bad condition those frazzled bits will come off. When you brush it you're snapping off those dead ends. This is the only way I can think of that your hair would shorter, without cutting :\ it's happened to me where my hair has been so badly over-processed the ends have eventually snapped off and I'd had tufty bits. Bad times :(

Are you having maintaince every 4 weeks ?

Well I use Cinderella and we were not trained in maintenance lucelastic, but the hair can only be falling out so much if she didnt use preparation shampoo first and ph balancer before putting in extensions, or alternatively could you be putting conditioner near the extensions? this could cause them to slip.

Other aftercare advice may not be followed includes:
Brushing from the bottom up
Drying bonds completely after each wash
Swimming regularly can loosen them
Improper application perhaps.

I do Cinderella as I mentioned and usually my clients lose maybe 4 bonds after 4 months and then have them taken out and new ones put in straight away with no problems.
When I was only starting doing them I had a problem with shedding but that was because I wasn't fully sealing them at top and bottom correctly - are your extensions shedding?

Also how long is your own hair? It should be at least 5 inches long to support extensions.
How much longer are the extensions compared to your own hair? Again if extensions are too long your own hair may not be able to support them.

Not trained in maintenence??

did i read that correctly?

Hi

I am a hairdresser not trained in extensions(yet)but we use cinderella in the salon and i have personally worn them for years. I have lost at most 3 in 4 months so i would speak to the girl that is doing them because there is no way you should be losing one every day. What shampoo & conditioner are you using? Do the bonds become soft after a while? If you are following all the aftercare advice right and they are only lasting 2 months i would not get them done by the same girl again.
All the staff in the salon where i work were trained in maintenance.

Good Luck X

Hi sorry what I mean is my client doesn't have to come back to me during the 3 months unless they need to or are having problems.
They come back a week after extensions are applied to check that everything is in order and then (although recommended that they come in for an odd blowdry so I can check the extensions) they just turn up 3 months later to have them removed/replaced.

Latest posts

Back