hair falling out, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vms1

Reaction score
hi everyone!

im not a professional hair stylist (i am a beauty therapist) but need help with my own hair!

ive notised over the past few months i seem to be loosing hair when washing and drying and straightening it after (mainly while washing it). Dont get me wrong its not coming out in big clumps but im sure its not normal! it seams to be a mixture of coming from the root but mainly breaking. I resently changed hair dressers where i get my hair dyed and its started at a similar time could this be the cause?
I use paul mitchell shampoo and conditioner and GHD's (which i know are not very good for your hair)

and advise would be appreciated!
thanks

are you blonde, by any chance?

:)

Hello did you have a lot of bleach in you hair as if it is overprocessed then it can cause breakage. If it is actualy falling out at the root it could be caused bye things such as medications or a medical condition so if this is the case you should see your doctor. Do you use heat protector on your hair when you straighten it? Also another thing it could be is that your straightners have seen better days and are scraping your hair which can cause breakage (you can feel and hear them dragging if this is the case). Does any of this ring any bells.xxx

hi no im brunette but used to be blonde (highlighted) but changed probally no more than a year ago. i dont really get much from the root maybe 2 or 3 hairs most of the hairs seem to be shorter ones like they have snapped off. i got myself a heat protecter about a week ago so hopefully that will help if it is the case! x

Blow dryer and flat iron can do lots of damage, use your protector. try not to use the flat iron... i know it will be hard but the damage is done and if you lighten up on that you may see a difference.

ok, thanks very much for the advise! x

Latest posts

Back