Hair Geeks question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxGirl

Reaction score
Hey

I have extensions, normally perfect, on holiday when trying to do my hair for evening it 'swells up' in particular around the base of the neck and the hair becomes very very hard to dry and straighten and feels brittle and out of control.

What could I use to avoid this?

I use an extension leave in spray and shampoo and condition same as at home but just on holidays it gets crazy

Hey

I have extensions, normally perfect, on holiday when trying to do my hair for evening it 'swells up' in particular around the base of the neck and the hair becomes very very hard to dry and straighten and feels brittle and out of control.

What could I use to avoid this?

I use an extension leave in spray and shampoo and condition same as at home but just on holidays it gets crazy

My client went on holiday and used Kerastase’s Soleil Aqua Seal. I haven't tried it on my own extensions but she came back from 2 weeks in the sun and her extensions were still perfect and they weren't even the extensions from my most expensive range so I will be purchasing it and giving it a go myself when I go on holiday in 4 weeks xx

Could it possibly be from the pool? I don't know which type of hair you have in but judging by your colour the hair would have gone through an extremely harsh chemical process to be that blonde, usually you find that through time heat products and general wear & tear will start to re open the cuticle layer of the hair making it very porous hard to detangle and hard to dry. It might feel a bit 'swollen' as it's damaged. Has your hair extensionist changed supplier?

My client went on holiday and used Kerastase’s Soleil Aqua Seal. I haven't tried it on my own extensions but she came back from 2 weeks in the sun and her extensions were still perfect and they weren't even the extensions from my most expensive range so I will be purchasing it and giving it a go myself when I go on holiday in 4 weeks xx

fab ill get that!

Could it possibly be from the pool? I don't know which type of hair you have in but judging by your colour the hair would have gone through an extremely harsh chemical process to be that blonde, usually you find that through time heat products and general wear & tear will start to re open the cuticle layer of the hair making it very porous hard to detangle and hard to dry. It might feel a bit 'swollen' as it's damaged. Has your hair extensionist changed supplier?

hi prob the pool but the heat and humidity makes it unmanageable.

my hair not like picture ive done transformation over last 1 1/2 years and all the white pretty much out lots of natural hair through with soft highlights but to be honest its not my own hair that cause problems its the extensions

Yeh I just thought if that was the colour of your hair your extensions would match meaning they'd be very chemically processed. It does sound like the hair may not be the same quality you're used to if it hasn't happened before. You could try lots of amazing products and still find they don't work if the quality isn't there. Good luck though I hope the keratase solves it!

I gave up with my weave on holiday it was driving me insane I ended up taking them out whilst sun bathing one day no matter what I did and put on it just was so in manageable. Out of curiosity @courtjb91 what colour was your client that used the keratase?

I gave up with my weave on holiday it was driving me insane I ended up taking them out whilst sun bathing one day no matter what I did and put on it just was so in manageable. Out of curiosity @courtjb91 what colour was your client that used the keratase?

Dark brown #2 so not too sure how it will hold up on blonde but certainly did the trick for brown x

May have to try it out next time I have a weave in x

Latest posts

Back