Hair gone khaki after 7/1

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahash

Reaction score
colourinf isn't my strongest point so please don't judge
My hair is natural brown at the root and bleach ombré / balayage through the rest . I thought it was looking a bit yellow so I thought it would be a smart idea to put 7/1 colour touch on it and it's a hideous khaki colour :'(
I under stand this was a stupid idea. But I start in a new salon on Saturday and I can turn up with this monstrosity on my head. Could someone please give me some advice on how to get rid. I just wish I'd never even done it .

Thank you

I'm not fully qualified so take what I say with a grain of salt but remember our colour wheel. You could also try fading the tone out with a clarifying shampoo but this leads to risk of still not being the best colour. I'm sure one of the more experienced stylists will give you some better advice on colour. But I hope this helps.

.1 in most color houses is mostly a blue pigment. In wella it is blue/green specifically. Blue cancels out orange. Green cancels out red. For cancelling yellow you need a violet based toner. There was just too much blue/green pigment at a level 7 and you put it over yellow hair hence the khaki color. You can do a bleach bath mixed with shampoo and conditioner to remove it or color remove twice to prevent it from reoxidizing and turning back the same color when you retone it. (Make sure not to apply the bleach bath on any other hair then the toned parts, cause it will lift them to a brassy color) and retone.

Last edited:
Thanks guys , I washed it a few ones this morning and it isn't as bad as it was, so I can start my new job not as green as I thought o_O

Latest posts

Back