Hair has gone green

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddy89

Reaction score
Last week I dyed a customers hair from blonde to a base 7. I put warmth in the colour but I also pre dyed the hair with a copper and dryed it before putting the brown on. She has now messaged me saying it's gone green is there anything she can do? Just waiting on a picture from her.

What colour house are you using ? Usually you would only be advised to pre fill with copper as that is the missing pigment on a base 7 . Although some colour houses are more green based , it will be interesting to see the picture too see if it's truly green !

Ask her to come in so that you can see the hair yourself. Phone pictures can be misleading, especially under certain light so if she wants you to rectify it, you need to see exactly what you're dealing with.

Was her hair previously bleached and possibly compromised?
Did you use a semi or a semi rather than a permanent colour?

Also, did you give her any advice about properly caring for her new colour?
Some clients will spend £xx on getting their colour done professionally to ruin it within days by using the wrong type of cheap shampoo that just strips out colour. If that's the case, then don't fix it for free but try to find a compromise and ensure she understands why she needs to use salon quality products in future.

Latest posts

Back