Hair help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jellybaby1970

Reaction score
Popped over from nails so please go easy with me! My hair is naturally dark brown but was bleached to a light blonde last summer. It was done over 3 visits a few weeks apart to help keep it in good condition. And it was in great condition until I went darker again last September. Now it looks shiny but feels dry and the ends are crinkly. Do I need more protein or more moisture? I'm so confused and don't want to spend a lot of money on the wrong thing. I avoid otc products and have used Osmo and joico in the past. I'm using a Goldwell repair shampoo atm and coconut oil once a week but it still feels 'crunchy'. I have stopped using straighteners and try to leave it to dry naturally when I can.
Please point me in the right direction! I have been looking at Redken extreme products, Lanza reconstructor, Joico deep penetrating reconstructor and Osmo moisture. I understand that it will probably be impossible to solve my problem without seeing and feeling my hair but hope that by describing it it might help.
Any help gratefully received :biggrin: thank you x

When was the last time you had a good trim? Sometimes all the treatments in the world won't help if the ends are brittle, dry, maybe breaking and they need trimming off regularly.

Thanks for replying. I had quite a lot cut off in jan and have another appointment in April for a trim and some colour. I would like to get it in as good condition as possible before the colour is put on.

Popped over from nails so please go easy with me! My hair is naturally dark brown but was bleached to a light blonde last summer. It was done over 3 visits a few weeks apart to help keep it in good condition. And it was in great condition until I went darker again last September. Now it looks shiny but feels dry and the ends are crinkly. Do I need more protein or more moisture? I'm so confused and don't want to spend a lot of money on the wrong thing. I avoid otc products and have used Osmo and joico in the past. I'm using a Goldwell repair shampoo atm and coconut oil once a week but it still feels 'crunchy'. I have stopped using straighteners and try to leave it to dry naturally when I can.
Please point me in the right direction! I have been looking at Redken extreme products, Lanza reconstructor, Joico deep penetrating reconstructor and Osmo moisture. I understand that it will probably be impossible to solve my problem without seeing and feeling my hair but hope that by describing it it might help.
Any help gratefully received :biggrin: thank you x

Sorry to hear it is crunchy at the ends. This is dead hair. After you get it trimmed again in April ask your hairdresser if you should go for a hair repair treatment. I use Pro Naturals. This is the product that restored my hair due to damage caused by radiotherapy.

Latest posts

Back