Hair, is it red enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
Hi geeks o coloured my friends hair yesterday she has been doing bleach and crazy colour for over a year but as time has gone fades really quick so very porus, i managed to convince in to a permenant as better for hair she had 4 inch regrowth any way i corrected it fine but she thought its not red enough but to me it is i wanted to see what you geeks think? But i dont know how to upload a pic please could some one tell me how i do it and then tell me what you think of the red :)
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

picture.php

It's slightly light for a red, it's red but maybe but a 5rr to get a 6 if it on bleached hair :) lovely colour though x

It's slightly light for a red, it's red but maybe but a 5rr to get a 6 if it on bleached hair :) lovely colour though x

Yea she wanted a light red you know like a cartoon red but she says its not light enough but i think its is and it suits her more than the crazy colour because it has more tone to it, so i thought if i post on here ill say look they all think its bright lol i told her do not touch the bleach again.. And i used a 7.66r but added pig to roots and halfed the pig for the length and thankyou im quite pleased :) x

Are. You sure she means light? And not brighter ?

Are. You sure she means light? And not brighter

A bit of both really a light bright red

Her normal result she has is a very pinky red wish i could post a picture of before because i really cant see much dffrence between now and before, just that now it has a slightly more red tone and its slightly warmer, its just habit i think and like i said when you first apply a crazy colour yes its shockingly bright but after 3 days or so it fades to about what she is now

With all brands having different tonal colours your not going to match crazy colour exactly, try a clear gloss tint, that should help sort it out and reduce fading because it seals the hair a bit.

A guy on holiday had a design shaved in his hair and he had to take his crazy colours with him so he could top it up daily, all 8 different colours. Poor wife hehe.
But you could always put crazy colour over the top rinse and then deal with clear xoxo

With all brands having different tonal colours your not going to match crazy colour exactly, try a clear gloss tint, that should help sort it out and reduce fading because it seals the hair a bit.

A guy on holiday had a design shaved in his hair and he had to take his crazy colours with him so he could top it up daily, all 8 different colours. Poor wife hehe.
But you could always put crazy colour over the top rinse and then deal with clear xoxo

I know thats what i said to her but she was sick of the up keep she had to do ot every week and then bleach roots every 2 days and not only that haveing to bleach her ends every month or so as the build up on ends would look darker than her roots, i did not do this she did it her self so when she said she wants permenant i explained it would not be exactly the same but i would try get it as close as i could she does like it she was just thinking it was a plum dark red its far from that lol, then i when needs doing i was just thimking of doing the roots then just refresh the ends with a demi, ill see how she goes if she still wants to revert back to crazy colour then ill try what you suggested what brand do you use for clear coat x

I am by no means a hair dresser or any where close so forgive me I say something completely incorrect but I know when I was having bright red hair on my natural brown dark
Hair i used loreal majicontrast red. If you use it that once all over then again in 4 weeks once all over. You will only need to mix the majicontrast with a little water instead of 30vol and it will keep it bright red xxx

I am by no means a hair dresser or any where close so forgive me I say something completely incorrect but I know when I was having bright red hair on my natural brown dark
Hair i used loreal majicontrast red. If you use it that once all over then again in 4 weeks once all over. You will only need to mix the majicontrast with a little water instead of 30vol and it will keep it bright red xxx

This is completely wrong usage !!

Tigi and l'oreal both do gloss tint in clear. Xoxo

O M G! don't do the above lol :irked:

Tigi and l'oreal both do gloss tint in clear. Xoxo

Ok thankyou ive heard about the loreal before just out of interest is this also good on demi colours will it make hair look more glossy also xx

Lolol. Like I said I'm by no means a hat dresser haha. But it worked for me at the time lol xxx

I use loreal 6.66 then directions pillarbox red :) same red as my pic hun x xc

Lolol. Like I said I'm by no means a hat dresser haha. But it worked for me at the time lol xxx

You may want to refer to geek commandments and rules! X

I use loreal 6.66 then directions pillarbox red :) same red as my pic hun x xc
Do you bleach? So its just 6.66 and then you put directions over the top do you still have to do the directions weekly x

Latest posts

Back