Hair Loss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maz4321

Reaction score
Can anyone help me to thicken my hair up?? i have lost alot of hair after having my baby, and trying different products to thicken it back up, but wondered if anyone has used anything which really works? i am currently taking tablets called stimuhair that are herbal and are said to help, but havent noticed any improvement so far...has anyone heard of/used these? I am spending too much on products that really dont work so any feedback on products or suggestions on what does work for hair loss would be great...thanks :)

your hair will thicken up in time, ur hair doesnt cast the same when u are pregnant and u hold on to it longer, once u have ur baby ur hair has like a mass shed, but once ur body normalises so will ur hair, try not to worry, it cud take up to a year to feel like it used to until the hair grows back. . x

Thanks, i know it is improving, but because i lost so much it feels like its taking ages! and im ending up with tufts of hair everywhere so cant do anything with it...attractive! haha. This is why i was sort of hoping for some sort of 'quick fix' (im not expecting miracles as i know it takes a while for hair to grow). My little boy is just over 15 months now, and still not much improvement!

hahaha aww no the dreaded tufts, my friend, sister, sister in law, boss etc et c etc had the tufts too haha the ones on the crown and hair line are the worst, you cud try using a volumising range of products and try blowdrying ur hair with volume using a round brush anf lifting at the root, when ur finished straightn the midlengths and ends if needed and smooth the tufts down with a serum . . it will give ur hair some oomph and help disguise the tufts untill they are long enuff to blend in again. . xx

Hi,

I had a very stressful hair situation a few years back, I went onto a tablet called florisene which is about £15 for 3 months supply and can be found via google. It was wonderful and my hair came back. It replaced the iron and nutrients that my body obviously was lacking at that time in my life.

The other product that works well is Regaine (Boots £25) this is normally for a hereditary problem though and you will find that if you are unfortunate to have a hereditary problem :cry: that when you stop using Regaine the problem comes back.

Try florisene .. it works ! :lol:

good diet, multi vitamins and your omega oils.......looking after yourself making time for yourself will all help too....:hug:

Hi Maz4321,

why not take a look at at these. This is a new technology and well worth a go in my opinion.

LA Science Hair Loss Serum delivers growth factor mimicking peptides to the base of the follicle, which stimulates hair follicles to produce healthier hair shafts. It improves the hair and scalp condition, normalizing the hair growth cycle.

LA SCIENCE SHAMPOO maintains the condition of the scalp, creating the best environment for anti hair-loss by strengthening the hair follicle and increasing the blood supply to the treated area.

Hi,

I had a very stressful hair situation a few years back, I went onto a tablet called florisene which is about £15 for 3 months supply and can be found via google. It was wonderful and my hair came back. It replaced the iron and nutrients that my body obviously was lacking at that time in my life.

The other product that works well is Regaine (Boots £25) this is normally for a hereditary problem though and you will find that if you are unfortunate to have a hereditary problem :cry: that when you stop using Regaine the problem comes back.

Try florisene .. it works ! :lol:

thanks for the advice, i have researched into this and its an iron supplement which may be what i need as i know i have low red blood cells, how long do these take to work?
thanks everyone for the advice...x

thanks for the advice, i have researched into this and its an iron supplement which may be what i need as i know i have low red blood cells, how long do these take to work?
thanks everyone for the advice...x

Hi , if you have this problem then you must go to back to your GP so that he/she will give you a blood test first
then the correct dosage can be given ,
it can be dangerous to self medicate especially with iron medicine,

did you finish taking all your iron medicine after you had your baby ?

I suffered bad hair loss and terrible headaches
and my GP gave me a blood test first
then he told me I was quite anaemic and I needed a supplement , he gave me a prescription for ferrous sulphate
and the headaches completely went away in about a week or two ,
and my hair took about three months to grow stronger and thicker and to
visibly notice the difference ,
mine used to fall out everywhere ,
but it stayed put after the doctors treatment

Just a word of warning though to anyone reading this
that multi vitamins with iron are terribly dangerous if a child takes them , :cry:

and with them looking so smarties kiddies are really attracted to them,
so lock em away , not the kiddies, lol x :hug:

Hi , if you have this problem then you must go to back to your GP so that he/she will give you a blood test first
then the correct dosage can be given ,
it can be dangerous to self medicate especially with iron medicine,

did you finish taking all your iron medicine after you had your baby ?

I suffered bad hair loss and terrible headaches
and my GP gave me a blood test first
then he told me I was quite anaemic and I needed a supplement , he gave me a prescription for ferrous sulphate
and the headaches completely went away in about a week or two ,
and my hair took about three months to grow stronger and thicker and to
visibly notice the difference ,
mine used to fall out everywhere ,
but it stayed put after the doctors treatment

Just a word of warning though to anyone reading this
that multi vitamins with iron are terribly dangerous if a child takes them , :cry:

and with them looking so smarties kiddies are really attracted to them,
so lock em away , not the kiddies, lol x :hug:
Thanks Minky
I have just bought some mega vitamins for the hair from holland and barrett. i also bought some iron tablets from bootsto try and boost my iron levels. I never had any iron tablets given to me after childbirth, although i think this has been my main problem and why i have felt so tired and losing hair etc...
i didnt even know until now how important iron is for the hair! thanks for the advice x

hi maz...you really need to get a blood test from gp before taking iron tablets....as it can be dangerous to take iron tablets the dosage may be too much, didnt think shops where allowed to sell just iron tablets anymore

hairspray.ie have a hair loss treatement

Latest posts

Back