Hair PLEASE Help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixiemur

Reaction score
Hello!! Help!!

Im not a professional but i really need some professional advice....last week I went to my usual salon/usual hairdresser for my colour...she never writes down my colours as she says she remembers and granted it always is ok....the problem I have is THIS time my hair turned out BRIGHT copper with blonde!! I said it must have been wrong colour picked up but she is adiment its same colour. I had to go to another salon and get a lowlight and blonde put through and now it has a boring almost ashy colour!! I like GOLDEN blondes ie quite yellowy the blond put in is cold and ashy and against lowlight greyish!!

Colours I get are:

Wella Colour we use Blonder & 6% and the other one is 8/34 & 4%

think i'm a base 7?

So basically I want to ask a few Questions:

1. If you leave haircolour in longer than usual (which she did) would it go more and more copper or does the colour stop developing after a certain amount of time or was it defo the wrong colour put in?

2. How can I fix it its ashy now :-(

3. I think im a base 7? but is the following good for creating golden sunkist blonde shade

colours i get are Wella Colour we use Blonder & 6% and the other one is 8/34 & 4%
also I sometimes get a low light put through (chunky) to break up the two blondes!

THANK YOU I would really appreciate some help!!

Hi , 8/34 is a copper so if you always have this tone it may have looked really bright as you didn't have the third colour run through? , what made you go to another hairdresser ? If this one usually does your hair she would have probably been best placed to correct any issues you had and created a more pleasing effect. sounds like the correcing tone went onto your blondes

Hi thank u so so much for replying to my thread!!

Well I think maybe be because the lowlight wasn't put in the copper looked really bright and more red than golden...also usually only left in 20 or so mins where as this time it was ages .so would that make it brighter than usual?

I didnt go back as i sent her pics and she couldnt see the differece (everyone else said the could see difference) and told me fully booked for 4 weeks!! :-(

Do u think the coppery colour is the best for a goldy tone or is there a better colour u may suggest also is the lowlight a golden based brown colour (the numbering colour system is double dutch to me??

Its gone from being sunkissed gold tones to well....cold!! The blonde in places looks white!

Hey, i am a hairdresser and if you want a golden colour, i would do bleech highlight and then add a toner on , colour touch 6/7. I have that myself and it comes out a very nice warm golden colour.
They may have come out more copper of she hasnt added a base colour in with it. 8/34 is full of red tones.
When she put the ash colour in she should have bleached the highlights and added a golden toner

Hope this helps

Hi thank u so so much for replying to my thread!!

Well I think maybe be because the lowlight wasn't put in the copper looked really bright and more red than golden...also usually only left in 20 or so mins where as this time it was ages .so would that make it brighter than usual?

I didnt go back as i sent her pics and she couldnt see the differece (everyone else said the could see difference) and told me fully booked for 4 weeks!! :-(

Do u think the coppery colour is the best for a goldy tone or is there a better colour u may suggest also is the lowlight a golden based brown colour (the numbering colour system is double dutch to me??

Its gone from being sunkissed gold tones to well....cold!! The blonde in places looks white!

If the blonde is looking white from the first colour session you had then it does sound as if it was all left on to long. It is difficult to tell as havent seen your hair but as you are a base 7 its sounds like your hair lifts well and quickly . There shouldnt have been too much difference though with the tone of the copper colour. Its a shame your usual hairdresser couldnt have spared you the time to at least look and correct if you are i regular and not happy. I certainly would have.
I love the warm tones and have the coppers and toffees in with some blone and find it fades quickly and gives me so many diiferent ranges of colour. Yu reall need a proper consultation with a hairdresser and a colour chart and maybe some pics of what you like. Then you can be sure of choosing the colours you like.
I like colour 6/7 as suggested by glamourise but that is not a golden shade and if you like a level 8 which is a light blonde then 8/3 would be great as 3 is the gold tone . Wella have many golden tones so looking at a shade chart would be a great start for you. At least you have some guide to start , if you can live with this colour for a little while would be good to give yu hair a little rest , if not then definately get the colour corrected by a hairdresser. Do you feel you can go back to your original one ?

Last edited:
Hello can I ask the difference between an 8/3 and 8/34 that I get already? I just think she picked up the wrong copper one ie a more intense one. The dark 3rd colour i sometimes get is one i get is 5/77 do u think it compliments the other colours I have...I presume its a dark goldenish brown??? i'll post pics or b4 and after :-( Thanks again...I just needed to get thoughts from experts as none of my friends are hairdressers unfortunately!

Hello can I ask the difference between an 8/3 and 8/34 that I get already? I just think she picked up the wrong copper one ie a more intense one. The dark 3rd colour i sometimes get is one i get is 5/77 do u think it compliments the other colours I have...I presume its a dark goldenish brown??? i'll post pics or b4 and after :-( Thanks again...I just needed to get thoughts from experts as none of my friends are hairdressers unfortunately!

Well the 2nd pic definately looks like 8/34 as its copper, the first dosent look coppery at all, but i know with time the copper fades. The 2nd pic is really vibrant. I like the colours on both but as said before i love copper. The / 3 is gold and the /4 is red so when mixed together make gold/red re orange/copper. /7 is brunette and when a double no /77 this is intense so your 5/77 is intense brunette brown so no gold in there. all this also depends on the natural tones in your hair so it can look warmer or cooler depending. Yes i do think they compliment each other and lovely colour choice. If all the numbers confuse please ask more , i dont mind at all. Usually clients pick a shade/tone by chooseing colour but i know some like to know the number reference as well. x

What I don't understand is why, with all the wide range of gold colours, did she pick a copper?

Hi , 8/34 is a copper so if you always have this tone it may have looked really bright as you didn't have the third colour run through? , what made you go to another hairdresser ? If this one usually does your hair she would have probably been best placed to correct any issues you had and created a more pleasing effect. sounds like the correcing tone went onto your blondes

well said.. you should have gone back and given her a chance to fix it.

do you think maybe she'd put the 8/34 on some previously highlighted parts and that's made the copper more...copper?? Like, if you put it on the natural hair you'd probably just get that warm golden blonde but if you'd put it on bleach blonde hair it's gone on the more copper side?

Latest posts

Back