Hair shedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LashesinWonder

Reaction score
Hi geeks. Im not a hairdresser and.my knowledge is quite limited...so this maybe a simple one for you...

I am getting slightly worried now as my hair is shedding or falling out Alot more than normal. Im not on any medication, not even the pill. I was diagnosed with an illness earlier this year that has got me down, i lost my job, And its been a stressful time. But the last month i just find so much if my hair comes out when i wash it. I feel like Im out of the woods with the stress but there are still some factors.

Was hoping you guys could give me any advice or reassure me that my hair won't all fall out!! lol.

Thanks Fran xxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Hi geeks. Im not a hairdresser and.my knowledge is quite limited...so this maybe a simple one for you...

I am getting slightly worried now as my hair is shedding or falling out a lot more than normal. Im not on any medication, not even the pill. I was diagnosed with an illness earlier this year that has got me down, i lost my job, And its been a stressful time. But the last month i just find so much if my hair comes out when i wash it. I feel like Im out of the woods with the stress but there are still some factors.

Was hoping you guys could give me any advice or reassure me that my hair won't all fall out!! lol.

Thanks Fran xxx

Oh my lovely girl, I am not a hairdresser either but stress works in strange ways.

And hair loss is one of them.

So although you are no longer stressed with illness and what happened recently you are certainly stressing over your hair.

I am sure a hairdresser will be along shortly to give you the technical advice but also maybe a trip to the doctor?

Sincerely thinking of you and wishing you well with this issue.

Jacqui xx

Aww thanks for your reply jacqui :hug:

Stress is not my friend i think! I was just hoping someone would be able to put my mind at ease a bit.

The illness is lifelong so im sure im probabally still stressing. Re-training and college has been a rollercoaster too.

I was just panicking i suppose .... just dont want too dramatic a hair loss for my wedding in december. :eek: lol !!

Thankyou for your kind words though :Love: xx

Aww thanks for your reply jacqui :hug:

Stress is not my friend i think! I was just hoping someone would be able to put my mind at ease a bit.

The illness is lifelong so im sure im probabally still stressing. Re-training and college has been a rollercoaster too.

I was just panicking i suppose .... just dont want too dramatic a hair loss for my wedding in december. :eek: lol !!

Thankyou for your kind words though :Love: xx

Whoa, a lifelong illness, a job loss, college and a wedding in december ... I want to make a little joke to make you smile but its just not appropriate.

That is an awful lot of seriously stressful situations.

Massive hug for you xxxxxxxx

hi fran, i am a qualified hairdresser and have been for 28 years (that makes me so old!!)
Stress is a big factor to why your hair is coming out more,it can seem a lot more then it actually is,and yes the more you worry the more will SEEM to come out. Hair likes healthly bodies and when we are stressed or recovering from stress our bodies can take a long time to cycle back around to being healthy. Hair will look better and feel better if you try and make sure you eat plenty of nourishing food,and drink plenty of water! Try using a shampoo with protein in (keratin) as this will help straighthen your hair,maybe visit a hair salon and ask for a protein treatment. (matrix do a very good protein shampoo) it would only be sold in salons but well worth it,also the conditioner would help lock in the strenght. i hope this will stop you worrying,and get you to take some steps to recovery!

Last edited:
stress is a big factor. its so hard because everybody reacts differently ie, some people loose hair. everybodys body will react differently :( hope you get better soon xxx

Just wanted to let you guys know that my hair seems to be on the mend. :green: I took your wonderful advice had a good trim off and a few conditioning treatments and its looking a lot better for its self. I just wanted to thankyou for the good advice :hug: xx

I am getting slightly worried now as my hair is shedding or falling out Alot more than normal. Im not on any medication, not even the pill. I was diagnosed with an illness earlier this year that has got me down, i lost my job, And its been a stressful time. But the last month i just find so much if my hair comes out when i wash it. I feel like Im out of the woods with the stress but there are still some factors.

Thanks Fran xxx

my advice would be to go to the docs and ask for a thyroid test - i lost a lot of hair before they diagnosed mine. good luck :biggrin:

Redken do a treatment regime for female hair loss called Intraforce. Clients have had superb results with it, worth a try.

Latest posts

Back