Hair snapping with 9% peroxide and Illumina

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi folks I've been having my roots done with illumina for about 2 years now, but 6 months ago it started snapping at the root, my hairdresser (and cousin) has been very careful not to overlap but it's still happening, I tried the 7.5% but the 9/60 just isn't as nice with it, it also makes my scalp a little tender, would really like to stay this colour but have no idea why it's happening Any ideas?
Thanks Sarah x

Have you started new medication or big diet change? Medications sometimes don't mix well with our chemicals. Make sure you get your color done on 3-4 days after shampooing to keep natural oils on your scalp as a barrier.

Have you started new medication or big diet change? Medications sometimes don't mix well with our chemicals. Make sure you get your color done on 3-4 days after shampooing to keep natural oils on your scalp as a barrier.

Thankyou, I've been on ametryptiline for nerve pain, but I was at the doctors last week as I've got a skin problem too he thinks I might have diabetes or vitamin deficient in vit D which I'm getting blood tests for, so hopefully find out soon x

Latest posts

Back