Hair straighteners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annalooby

Reaction score
To all those hairgeeks out there.....

The time has come for me to buy a new pair of straighteners after the last ones met their doom - thing is I am well out of the loop now being out in the bush - are GHDs still the best or has something new come along to beat em??

Cheers peeps

Looby:D

Hi my mother in law has just come back from Australia and brought with her ceramic straighteners they're called silver bullet lightening touch if i'm not mistaken they're an Australian brand they are really good have tried them on myself and was really impressed nice smooth shiney dead straight finish.
annalooby said:
To all those hairgeeks out there.....

The time has come for me to buy a new pair of straighteners after the last ones met their doom - thing is I am well out of the loop now being out in the bush - are GHDs still the best or has something new come along to beat em??

Cheers peeps

Looby:D

Hi Looby

I don't know if you can get them there in Oz, but I have been hearing great things about the FHI Damp to Dry straighteners, made by Hairtools. So much so that I have treated myself to a pair! Haven't received them yet so can't comment personally. I already have a pair of GHD's and yeah they are great on my frizzy locks but they do frazzle the ends of my hair even though I use protector and these FHI's claim not to be so drying on the hair, and you can use them on damp hair which is a bonus and should make hair straighter for longer - oooh I can't wait til they come!

Hiya

I have naturally very strong curly hair and i use GHD they are the only ones i can get my hair straight with and yes i have tried loads, but not the ones from oz!!!!!!!

I use a good conditioner, a leave in conditioner and i always use a straightening balm and serum and my hair has never frazzled!!!!!!

The new thicker GHD's are brill for long hair like mine

Amanda

i've got the ghd straightners too, had them for over 3 years now and they are still going strong so they are obviously well worth the money in that sense, they cost my fiance £95 back then, dont know if they are a bit cheaper now though.....i always get great results with them too and i dont find they dry my hair out if i get my hair trimmed every 6 weeks :biggrin:

stanleyann

I have naturally curly hair too and use straightners all the time! Make sure you buy ones that have solid ceramic plates, NOT ceramic coated, this coating comes off and the direct heat will damage your hair terribly!!! :Scared:

I have the solid ceramic plates and I don't have one split end, they are brilliant, I use the ones by Wigo.

xxxx

after buying various makes of straighteners over the years, i swear by GHD now. they are brilliant. once you've tried them you'll never look back. i got the wide GHDs from ebay (about £95) and they are brilliant and so quick to use. you must make sure you use oil with them though. i get my oil from wilkinsons. its only £1.50 a bottle and is as good as the GHD oil. i think its called heat spray or something.

Latest posts

Back