Hair Up training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chellesbelles

Reaction score
Hi there fellow geeks

I am a professional nail tech whom also does spray tanning. I'm branching out into toher aspects of beauty and am currently enrolled on various courses.

I have always been interested in the styling side of hair...like up do's. i just wandered if you had to be trained in hair dressing to do 'Up do' training?

Many thanks

Michelle

i dont think so?? no chemical treatments are being done or cutting??
i always think hair up is something that some people are just good at!!
my sister is great at it and she isn't a hairdresser!
i do know sally's do a course but not sure if its any good??
practice makes perfect though so maybe get doing some of your friends??!!?? x

Bumping this up as i'd also like to know.... and also, what kit would you recommend to get in, what styling products, clips, electrical gadgets (straightners/curlers/wand) etc would be the best essentials?

Sorry to hijack your thread hun, but I think it all goes hand in hand with your original thread x x x

ok for any hair up be it a party/wedding/ whatever.... i take

black/brown/gold hairpins normal and two and half inch ones as these are better for hold,
a hair bun, for adding volume,
ghd's for curling and also tong's in 13mm/19mm
heated rollers
hairspray
shine spray
small elastics
dust it by swarzcoff(badly spellt) for backcombing
all combs/ brushes
i do also have some diamonte clips and pins but most clients get there own
HTH xx

theyve not put up their 2010 course list on the site but the long hair styling course at sallys it does say that its ideal for make-up/beauty pros looking to add hair up for bridal etc.

I did the sallys hair up course and it was utter rubbish i still havnt recieved any certificate and i did it at the beginning of november you could learn more by watching hair ups on u tube.The teacher was only 18 or 19 and didnt even fully demo each hair up waste of money dont bother xx

I agree that hair up is something that some people can do better than others
too ,
and it's always good to have a plan though , its a bit like a clay sculpture just as you run out of clay you can also run out of hair for those last few curls if you havent planned it properly first , so yes a plan is always good for hair up , illustrated books are good for this and a couple of good long haired dolls head for lots of practice :)

Latest posts

Back