Hair ups for older clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minniemouse

Reaction score
Ive got a client in her early 50's who is going to a wedding in a few weeks and was thinking of having her hair up for a change. She has thick shoulder length hair and Im struggling to think of any ideas for her other than a french roll. All the styles I can think of are quite youngish and I want her to feel elegant.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Early 50s is not old! If you are thinking elegant, think soft around the face and height on top, looseness at the sides...maybe curls or waves?

My mum last had her hair up when she was 59, around shoulder length and thick, do full head curls, weave the front hairline and pull it to the back and down, with the remaining hair pull it back and to the top, this holds the hair off the face, use some hair to cover the clips and clip up some pieces to add some movement and ha e some curls higher. Here's the finish, think its quite suiting for a lady of her age. Use diamanté slides or twist in pearls for some added wow if your client feels its warranted xoxo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346062610.848914.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346062610.848914.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,934
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346062630.689200.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346062630.689200.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 646
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346062658.120904.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346062658.120904.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 441
Ive got a client in her early 50's who is going to a wedding in a few weeks and was thinking of having her hair up for a change. She has thick shoulder length hair and Im struggling to think of any ideas for her other than a french roll. All the styles I can think of are quite youngish and I want her to feel elegant.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

I don't think her age should be a problem Hun.. I think your thinking of her age way to much, and associating her age with a older fashioned styles...
Have you known this client long?
If you have, you will know her personality well..
choose a style that fits her personality...
some 'older' clients, are actually rather energetic, bubbly and fun... and a french roll would not suit them!

I love the style Tomme has suggested. your never to old for some curls!

This client has asked you to do her hair because she wants to look and fee good... so think out side of the box!

also you said 'she is thinking of having it up for a change'
how does she usually have it, is it usually rather straight?
because instead of having a up do, maybe clip half up with a nice volume blow dry to give her some body?

good luck :)

Thanks for your replies,please dont think Im calling my client old, I know 50's is not old at all!! Ive got a client in her 70's who gets slices of pinkissimo through her white short choppy cut and looks amazing! Totally dependant on the personality of client.
It is the client herself who is anxious about trying to look too young as she is normally quite conservative with hair and fashion etc. Also she has very thick hair but not much length to play with so options can be more limited.
Thanks for the ideas, tomme your mums hair looks great!

Latest posts

Back