Hair wont go ashy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
My hair up until 3 months ago was black, and shorter than a bob. I decided I wanted it up to about a base 7, ive had it like this before and think it suits me well. So what we did was every three weeks or so I got foils of 6% bleach scattered in it and then an ashy quasi put on top. Think we did this about three times, and now I'm at about a 7 or 8. The problem is it's so ginger still. Every time I put the quasi on its an ash, but comes out very warm. I even put an 8/81 on it for 20 mins and it still looks warm. Yesterday I got my roots done, did 8/1 (permanent) and took it through to ends but it still is very warm.

Will silver shampoo help?
Do I need to bleach bath it? It's really fine so I don't think it would really withstand a bleach bath.

Any advice would be really good. I'll try to take a photo.

It sounds like you are not lifting it high enough. If you lift to an orangey shade, all the toning it the world is not going to save it. You should of, initially, bleach bathed the black out, then gone in with your 6% hi-lites.

You need to lift your hi-lites to a 9, and then go in with a proper toner, not a tint. Steel blue, from Blondeme, gives that bluey-ash blonde.

I actually re fell in love with steel blue last night - used it on my friends hair and it was so nice. Gonna do a bleach bath on it then re highlight it... Tbh it's mostly at a base 7 now but a goldeny colour so it won't take long to lift up. Thank you xx

Redken do fantatic titanium toners across levels 6 to 9. Let me know if you want one and I'l send one up. Available in 6,7,8, levels.

Latest posts

Back