Haircoloring and pregnancy~ please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babynailtec

Reaction score
hi guys can you die your hair while you are pregnet

I have just been asked this last week. So i looked it up on the net. There is no evidence to suggest it does any damage at all to the baby. but if you still feel unsure i would suggest high lights/low lights. then no colour comes into contact with the scalp. Maybe dont go very dark if you have an all over colour. Have a skin test 48 hours previous to colour if in any doubt. You could also try henna. Hope this helps a bit.

Hi,

I notice that sometimes during pregnancy the colour does not always take so well, and neither do perms, this could be down to hormones having an affect on the hair i guess... my hair always went lank and extremely greasy during each of my pregnancy... and grew at warp speed!

Hi,

I notice that sometimes during pregnancy the colour does not always take so well, and neither do perms, this could be down to hormones having an affect on the hair i guess... my hair always went lank and extremely greasy during each of my pregnancy... and grew at warp speed!
Prenatal vitamins are chock full iron and other needed minerals that we need, but not all of them are needed all the time. The excess or unneeded minerals end up as waste- they are usually deposited in our hair.

Highlighting may end up with warmer (salmony colored) tones from the iron. Low lighting may go a little flat or drab- again the iron

Perming may process quicker or notice a purple tinge to any excess solution or on the end paper- once again the iron.
Prenatal vitamins are formulated to stimulate and support rapidly growing cells- hair and nails are rapid reproducing cells- warp speed growth when supported and better general health is achieved. Most pregnant women take better care of themselves, the eat healthier, rest and avoid things that can be harmful.

ive just had a baby! i coloured my hair, but i seeked lots of advice from doctors.

my doctor said the baby is well protected in the womb and the dye cant reach it
stay well ventilated and dont do it too much and ul be fine!

enjoy ur baby!! :green:

I was talking to my tutor about this recently and she told me that you need to take a cutting of hair and colour that before doing the full head because there is no problem at all with the products hariming the baby, but the colourmay come out different because of hormones.

I also do spray tan and it is the same with that.

xx

I read it is the fumes that could potentially be a danger not the dye. :hug:

Hi congrats on your pregnancy. The fumes are what might cause a problem but Farouk has a line of ammonia free hair dyes that I Love!!!!! CHI Infra Ionic is the name and they have great coverage and zero smell, also since they have no ammainia in them, thay cause no discomfort or itching at all.

hey im actrually preg and i have dyed my hair and it doesnt do anythink to the baby .. but you have to sit next to a open window soo u not breathing in as many fumes. i was scared when i did it but luckly i had midwife 2 days after and heard his heartbeat
well take care

Latest posts

Back