Hairdressers-bad customer service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsNM

Reaction score
I need to have a rant about my trip to the hairdresser earlier today. I don't usually go to this one but I needed to go today as I won't have time next week. It's a walk in service, I took my daughter too she's 9, firstly the staff were so rude , usually people are friendly with children at least but she was so rude and pointing out she didn't understand why dd didn't have a full fringe, she just has a small side fringe from last time and she just wanted it trimming as well as the back.

then another lady started me hair, I said to start a conversation that I didn't know if they were still open or not as I hadn't come that end in a while....she completely ignored me:(....there were no hairdriers blowing so she definatley heard me. I felt I wasn't being treated nicely no customer service ....all I ask for is a smile!!!!

Then to make matters worse, she cut off far too much than she showed me, it will grow back I know but in the meantime I have too many short layers which is not what I asked for.

I too run a business but this is no way to treat customers , or they won't come back...I won't be going back there!!!!

Don't blame you luvvie, was it part of a chain or solo? I'd write to the manager of either the chain or individual salon and list out what you have said, and about how disappointed you feel with what should have been a pleasurable and relaxing experience with your daughter being ruined.

I don't understand why hairdressers don't talk to their customers!!
I much preffer to have a nice conversation than to flick through some magazines or stare in the mirror all the time at my face.
I... as a training hairdresser, TRY to make conversation ( i know, I firstly start with the weather....which is a bit rubbish, but I try!) and if the client doesn't want to talk I respect that. If they do, I engage into the conversation ( no matter how difficult I find it atm to multitask).
And the fact that she cut too much of your hair... and the rude comments....they definitely don't derserve you as a regular client there! Or try another stylists. (altough it makes me wonder if they have such thing as a customer satisfaction policy in that salon!).
If that unhappy, you should complain. It's for their best in the end, anyway!

I don't understand why hairdressers don't talk to their customers!!
I much preffer to have a nice conversation than to flick through some magazines or stare in the mirror all the time at my face.
I... as a training hairdresser, TRY to make conversation ( i know, I firstly start with the weather....which is a bit rubbish, but I try!) and if the client doesn't want to talk I respect that. If they do, I engage into the conversation ( no matter how difficult I find it atm to multitask).
And the fact that she cut too much of your hair... and the rude comments....they definitely don't derserve you as a regular client there! Or try another stylists. (altough it makes me wonder if they have such thing as a customer satisfaction policy in that salon!).
If that unhappy, you should complain. It's for their best in the end, anyway!

I don't think its all hairdressers that aren't chatty. My sis has been chopping barnets for nearly 20 years and she always talks to her ladies, she is lovely and thats why she always has a full diary every week. I have also met a lot of other equally lovely hd's. If they can't put their personal preferences or problems aside and be professional, I don't see why they would want to do that sort of job in first place. Good for you for trying though, you will get better as you gain more confidence. X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I don't think its all hairdressers that aren't chatty. My sis has been chopping barnets for nearly 20 years and she always talks to her ladies, she is lovely and thats why she always has a full diary every week. I have also met a lot of other equally lovely hd's. If they can't put their personal preferences or problems aside and be professional, I don't see why they would want to do that sort of job in first place. Good for you for trying though, you will get better as you gain more confidence. X

Sorry, i didn't mean 'all hairdressers'. I should have been more specific that there are some grumpy ones out there :)

Sorry, i didn't mean 'all hairdressers'. I should have been more specific that there are some grumpy ones out there :)

Have met plenty of those too and a few very grumpy beauty therapists aswell x

I need to have a rant about my trip to the hairdresser earlier today. I don't usually go to this one but I needed to go today as I won't have time next week. It's a walk in service, I took my daughter too she's 9, firstly the staff were so rude , usually people are friendly with children at least but she was so rude and pointing out she didn't understand why dd didn't have a full fringe, she just has a small side fringe from last time and she just wanted it trimming as well as the back.

then another lady started me hair, I said to start a conversation that I didn't know if they were still open or not as I hadn't come that end in a while....she completely ignored me:(....there were no hairdriers blowing so she definatley heard me. I felt I wasn't being treated nicely no customer service ....all I ask for is a smile!!!!

Then to make matters worse, she cut off far too much than she showed me, it will grow back I know but in the meantime I have too many short layers which is not what I asked for.

I too run a business but this is no way to treat customers , or they won't come back...I won't be going back there!!!!

This is terrible :(
Being in retail and owning my own business, I understand how important it is to make customers feel good about themselves and welcomed.
I have not personally had this experience with a hairdresser but I have with many sales assistants and it makes me think 'I might as well buy online if I'm not getting the experience of great service'. I believe any job involving interaction with people requires a chirpy attitude (even if you've had a bad day), it's you're job to just be happy.

Latest posts

Back