hairdressing course's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonnie1

Reaction score
Hi wonder if any one can help me,or give me some avice.

My daughter has been doing hair since she was 15yrs old she is 18 now, she as worked in various salons. She as learned the basics and worked up and now can cut hair and colour, she needs a qualification so she can go in a salon or do mobile.

She started her nvq level 1 last september but she found this very tedious with the simplicity of the course.

Does anyone know of a training academy that does fast track courses were in the greater manchester area.

I would appreciate any help or advice any one can give us thanks

Bonnie1

I did my level 2 over a year two evenings a week at my local college I havnt heard of any shorter than that.
Im surprised your daughter didnt get nvq level 2 training through the salons she worked in my sister did hers while working at a hairdressers an nvq assessor used to come in once a month.

Sorry I havnt been much help but I dont think you can fast track hairdressing experience is everything hopefully someone will come along with more answers soon.

xx

There are private fast track courses at companies like Saks.
Sadly due to the politisation of college courses, they seem to dumb the courses down to the extent that people find the first bits tedious beyond belief. One of my bugbears is making apprentices do "key skills" on their day release instead of hairdressing training.
Failing a private course, I think the only advice is persevere, it will be worth it.

if she has been working in salons and has experience she should be able to bypass level 1 and apply for level 2?

i agree there should be a system where i can bypass the foundation level. i have been working in a salon for over 3 years started of as a trainer and doing well at the moment. Unfortunately to change and apply other places experience is not enough i need it on paper :(

There are private fast track courses at companies like Saks.
Sadly due to the politisation of college courses, they seem to dumb the courses down to the extent that people find the first bits tedious beyond belief. One of my bugbears is making apprentices do "key skills" on their day release instead of hairdressing training.
Failing a private course, I think the only advice is persevere, it will be worth it.

Don't get me started on bloody key skills! I had a year long row with the college over this. My apprentice had all her GCSE above a C grade and still had to do key skills!

The only other way is to try and get an apprenticeship, but be quick you have to get one before 19.

Or

She could get a placement in a salon one day a week. They train you for free and you work in return. You learn far more this way.

I had 5 Highers (equivalent to A Levels) and had to do Key Skills for Level 2...and Level 3.......don't get me started!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back