Hairdressing disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlotteleanne

Reaction score
Hi all. I had shoulder length hair and gre a side fringe as i wanted a short blonde bob. So i prelightened my hair at home which went fine, went gingery blonde as expected and booked into a hairdresser. I had 2 cm of damage at the end of my hair and wanted to go blonde. I showed the hairdresser what i wanted.....a short under ear bob with thickness on the top with a side fringe (my hair is super thick).
He said no problem considering I'm having a lot cut off.
So he bleached my hair. Put a cap on left it on for 45 min then put me under the heater for 20 min more. My scalp was burning by my crown and he had to turn it down, then it still hurt so he took me out and said he would keep the bleach on for an extra 10 min because I couldn't handle the heat.
He washed it off (cold water because it was hurting) and put a toner on it. Then washed it off then put a conditioner treatment on whilst he started cutting my hair. Next thing i know he was getting scissor happy, really bad! He kept cutting and cutting, then he got the thinning scissors out and kept cutting and cutting again. End result was shocking. I have very short hair, my sides are in the middle of my ears. My hair is in bad condition, it feels like sandpaper, the back he just hacked into so theres no style just zig zagged effect. He gave me a full fringe, which is really short. Im so upset. I cant even put hair extensions in because all at the top of my head is an inch of hair. I look vile. Google boris johnson, thats the style but shorter. So gutted. I paid £80 and thats with a discount! What shall i do? I put a miracle conditioning treatment on over night and slept in it. Ive sprayed oil repair treatment in it today. Nothing is putting moisture in it. Help!!

Some olaplex standalone treatments & get a bottle of Moroccan oil, there's not a lot you can do about the cut now but maybe speak to your tutor in college, tell them what you don't like and see if they can alter it slightly for you, on scalp bleach is usually really uncomfortable unfortunately but the hairdresser should have washed it off when you said it burnt & left you at a darker blonde, take good notice of your experience today & let it help you in your career :) I became a pro on scalp bleacher because I had a few mishaps done by other people on my head

Thank you surf girl. He said he put an olaplex on but heard you can get fake ones too! Eeekk!
I personally found he left it on too long but I'm not in a position to say as I'm a student! Lol. Will buy some olaplex and i already have morrocan oil so I'll try it. Just worried hes broke the hair from the roots [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] x

My gosh, so the bleach was on for over an hour then! There's no wonder it's feeling like that, bless you :( I've had bleach disasters in the past where my hair has gone almost like sheeps wool. It took a good few weeks for it to get better, but regular conditioning treatments and protein sprays will help you get the condition back. One amazing shampoo is Kerastase - Bain De Force and Ciment Anti-usure conditioner. It helps refill your hair folicles with a man-made protein to help repair hair from breaking, and seals split ends. That is more on the pricey side but it's amazing!

That's terrible , I hope u have complained and asked for a refund !
As above said conditioning treatments and grow it out is all u can do xx

It was well over an hour. I was too shocked to complain and I'm a push over like that. Hes lost a customer so that will be punishment :-( I just hope it isn't burnt from the roots as the roots feel dead and damaged to me [emoji29]

I have bleach and 6% on my roots and I always notice it feels a little dry and hard to brush through after just having it done but it goes back to normal after the 2nd wash.

Your not going to see a miracle over night but use treatments and try and use as little heat as you can and you will start to see a difference, I always found I noticed my hair growing more when it was in a concaved Bob than what length it's at now!

I had a bad experience before starting my level 2 with a live xxl colour and it snapped all my hair off and literally could only just tuck it behind my ear so my hairdresser did what she could cut wise and I had to put extensions in the side pieces is the hair long enough on the sides to do this? I felt loads better I didn't care about how short it was on the back because I kind of had the security of hair around the front from the two weave pieces x

£80 sounds pretty cheap to me for what you've had done. It does sound like he used Olaplex as a cutting lotion. Freshly bleached hair is a little raw sometimes but does settle down. Loads of moisture treatments, a protein treatment too. Once your hair starts to feel really straight/ strong lay off the protein and only use moisture... Every time you wash your hair.

In the future, make sure you find someone who specializes in bleach. Scalp bleaches should never be placed under heat. Ever!!

Poor you :( Not nice!
treatments, oils etc , no heat if poss, low heat if you have to, let it dry naturally.

Hope it feels better soon for you.
Give it few weeks and hopefully it will
x

I would find a salon that does Olaplex stand alone treatments on Olaples.com. Have a treatment and buy some #3 for home use. This will
Make a huge difference:)

Impossible to have micro weft but spoke to my other hairdresser (she lives far) and she said we should be able to do individual microrings. She can travel to me and I was crying on the phone to her. So fingers crossed. I put a moisture mask on my hair and haven't washed it since and it has helped a bit. Im trying to get my natural oils to get going. My hair don't go greasy anyway so thats a bonus. Going to put another mousture mask on the weekend. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help.

Impossible to have micro weft but spoke to my other hairdresser (she lives far) and she said we should be able to do individual microrings. She can travel to me and I was crying on the phone to her. So fingers crossed. I put a moisture mask on my hair and haven't washed it since and it has helped a bit. Im trying to get my natural oils to get going. My hair don't go greasy anyway so thats a bonus. Going to put another mousture mask on the weekend. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help.

You need olaplex! Moisture masks wash out after a few washes and you'll be right back to square one.

I've a client who bleached her own hair.....piled it on the top, and left it on forever!!!
We've been OLAPLEXING, to repair/strengthen, and using pro fibre as a treatment afterwards.....the double whammy seems to work!
We are 6 months on now, but from the first application, her hair felt 'LIKE HAIR'! :D
Make sure the salon you go to, is using the original OLAPLEX, as it really is unique - it REALLY works.

[emoji30][emoji30] thank you. 6 months is a long time. Gutted but the wuestion is now.....how do I know if its original opalex and not fake? X

Only buy it from the authorised distributor

Goodness that sounds horrid. We are very sorry that that happened to your hair, hopefully time and the treatments suggested to you by your fellow stylists have helped in the time since this tragedy occurred. One of our Social media workers had a bad reaction when he tried to color his hair at home, making it even blonder. Apparently his scalp is really sensitive and he ended up with bright orange hair as a result, and a red flaky scalp.

As your hair grows longer and healthy strands overtake the damaged ones, give our site a look see if you are interested.

Kerastase Bain de force level 3:4 get everything u can in it its my hero product poor u doh sounds awful

Latest posts

Back