Hairdressing doll heads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurensbeauty

Reaction score
So I'm doing my next level in hairdressing and we have one of those creepy doll heads made of 100% human hair however I know they get dry and nasty so fast! does anyone have any advice on how to keep them nice and soft and smooth/shiny thanks ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410195122.228250.jpg

We were told never use shampoo on them or the hair matts into dreads. Just use conditioner. Seemed to work ok for me!

Yep never shampoo, although if mine had a lot of product build up I would use a little bit of clarifying shampoo just patted in gently and constantly combing through, plenty of conditioner and always use a heat protectant when using heat xx

Ive never had any problem shampooing mine before ? I never scrubbed them bit I did smooth shampoo in and condition .. I probably washed mine at least once a week.. And at most 4 times a week and they lasted 9 months of training so far and I still have them .. But not used them in a couple of months due to summer holidays xx

I always used cold water never warm, still have a head from 6 years ago still use it :)

At college we used spray-on fabric conditioner, on damp hair, it works really well to de-tangle.

thanks everyone for your replies! this is really helpful usually I just don't wash them but I've got such bad build up from products haha

does anyone know where I can buy this doll head from but cheaper???? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410881298.876461.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What will you be using it for?

At college a few students bought heads from eBay but they were very poor quality. Ok for practising very basic cuts but not much else. So be wary if you're looking on eBay.

Capital. Click here....
Search Results

Last edited:
What will you be using it for?

At college a few students bought heads from eBay but they were very poor quality. Ok for practising very basic cuts but not much else. So be wary if you're looking on eBay.

Search Results

it's come in my college kit but someone I work with has rewined it and need a replacement it will be used for cutting etc

I used 2 shampoo mine when needed & the trick is 2 always/only use cold h20 then condt/detangle again always cold h20. I would use a vent brush on it with condt in its hair b4 final rinse.

Hey,
I've just brought one of the training heads off ebay and the quality of mine is really good just make sure you buy 100% human hair because some of them off ebay are 50/50.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that is really good for detangling them is capitals HiTech vitamin hair treatment!!!!!! We have some at the backwash in college just for them

Latest posts

Back