Hairdressing NVQ level 1 college

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes deinfately Niki dont be put off by it. I was testing the waters and if the level 1 at my college was offering such techniques i would definately not skip it!
Iv read another thread on this and it seems that some colleges have level 1 which is extremely basic while other level 1's actually start to introduce level 2. This seems like yours. So happy days aslong as your getting your moneys worth it will be all worth it in the end! xx

Aw that's lucky !! Happy for you! I've spoke to my college and they've said my interviewer would have put me into year 2 if she felt it was necessary.. And the course is alot more intense than most level 1 courses are.. Learning shampooing, head massaging, blow drying, 4 cutting techniques, setting a perm, hair ups, styling and foils etc :) which most colleges don't do in the first year apparently?xx

Yes deinfately Niki dont be put off by it. I was testing the waters and if the level 1 at my college was offering such techniques i would definately not skip it!
Iv read another thread on this and it seems that some colleges have level 1 which is extremely basic while other level 1's actually start to introduce level 2. This seems like yours. So happy days aslong as your getting your moneys worth it will be all worth it in the end! xx

I'm not paying for mine as its a full time course so wouldn't be losing money out of pocket but would be losing time that I could be making money if you get me ? I just don't fancy doing three years at college :( I may try two at college then maybe do a fast track level 3 that only takes a couple of full time months rather than 9 months 3 days a week? So its done quicker xx

I personally would never do a fast track course. I even think its wrong to do day courses in hair extensions which is why iv attended many day ones to gain experience. I also think you will find that that the fast track course will cost ALOT! and you are learning less. 3 yrs will fly and would be worth it in the end IMO x

I'm not paying for mine as its a full time course so wouldn't be losing money out of pocket but would be losing time that I could be making money if you get me ? I just don't fancy doing three years at college :( I may try two at college then maybe do a fast track level 3 that only takes a couple of full time months rather than 9 months 3 days a week? So its done quicker xx

I personally would never do a fast track course. I even think its wrong to do day courses in hair extensions which is why iv attended many day ones to gain experience. I also think you will find that that the fast track course will cost ALOT! and you are learning less. 3 yrs will fly and would be worth it in the end IMO x

I wouldn't fast track more than the final part really... I haven't made my mind up and won't til I'm doing the course anyway xx

Latest posts

Back