Hairdressing starter kit - apprenticeship

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ames1996

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a bit of advice. I’m about to start an apprenticeship in hairdressing, I’m trying to find my first hairdressing kit but I’m not too sure which ones are good and which ones to avoid does anyone recommend any?

honestly, the ones you get are full of stuff you might not need. like rollers and perming rods. if your doing an apprenticeship then the salon should have these.
look at what the kits include and purchase the items separately. the stuff you get in there isn't going to last, the straghteners aren't great, don't need to go for something too expensive, diva electricals are really good.
i built up my kit whilst doing my apprenticeship so managed to get some better items.
just my thoughts, however i believe most of the kits are the same

Usually, your salon or college will give you a list and/or a specific supplier to purchase from.

I recommend that you don’t buy anything expensive or good quality for use at college as decent tools have a habit of disappearing. Save the decent stuff for when you’re qualified. Also, no point buying expensive scissors in the beginning as you’re likely to drop them a few times in the early days of training so I’d advise to save up for a decent pair as a reward when you’ve qualified.

Funnily enough, I still use some of my perming rods and rollers from my original kit, so I wouldn’t dismiss them out of hand. Curly hair is making a comeback and nothing lasts as well as a perm or a proper wet set.

Latest posts

Back