Hairmare!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hairdressers are a funny breed. I know. I used to be one :lol:

Even the best hairdressers can have 'off' days, or 'phases' where they are trying something new or whatever. I dont know what the story is with the crazy hacker, but it's a possibility that he 'usually' does do good work.

I, too, have been known to refuse to do a certain cut. but only because I knew it would be unsuitable for my friend's face and lifestyle. she's a wash and wear kind of girl, and hates blowdryers and curling irons and steadfastly refused to believe that a specific cut would require 'work' I knew she wouldn't do. I told her, if you want it that bad, see someone else. I refuse to make you mad at me for being unsatisfied with a cut.
She got it done elsewhere... came back to me to adjust it to something more suitable for her. Lesson learned.

BUT this 'hacker' didn't know you from a hole in the wall and should have done as you asked.

As for helping it grow faster... I feel your pain. While there is no proof of anything making hair grow faster, there's no harm in trying. BUT I do NOT suggest frequent washing. That will only dry out your hair, and make it brittle, thus the growth will "appear' to slow down as the ends will keep breaking off.
BUT frequent head massages will stimulate circulation in your scalp, which is always GREAT for your hair and it's growth and health. I DO advocate frequent head rubs. Also great stress reliever :green:

Your significant other is an absolute DOLL for hacking his hair as he did, give him a smooch from me. He deserves it. Not many men like him around.

Now.... for that fringe. Do you have a high forehead? Or a small or average one? If it's small or average, buy some fancy head bands, and some decorative bobby pins with crystals and such on them. Pin your fringe back or to the side until it grows in more. By doing it in a decorative manner, it won't look like a hatchet job.

or try to 'chunk' it into sections like the one on the right here : Female Hair Styles - Very Short - Page 5

I'm not sure what the rest of you hair looks like, but can you sweep it up and to the side like this one on the right? Female Hair Styles - Long Hair - Page 1
or blend it into the longer lengths like the one here on the right? Female Hair Styles - Long Hair - Page 3

I hope this helps. Without a picture, it's hard to hazard a guess....

:hug: I feel your pain, I was hatcheted 3yrs ago..... never taking my watchful eye off a hairdresser EVER again LOL

Thank you so much! Thats really sweet of you to find out the info for me! I've been having a play and its not looking too bad. Thank you everyone! x x x

I had a nice sweepy side fringe, it was slightly longer than shoulder length with nice layers, I would straighten it and leave it or put loads of body in it, I miss it!

I had a nice sweepy side fringe, it was slightly longer than shoulder length with nice layers, I would straighten it and leave it or put loads of body in it, I miss it!

I know sometimes when I have my hair cut I dont really like the style they have done it & change when I get home but I would have to of complained, you should of had what you asked for & this has upset you. Its is a major change to what your previous style was & it will take a little while to grow. Have you had any thought about hair extensions??

I've thought about everything! I can handle the hacked out bit at the back of my head, I can't see it so I've stopped caring. Its just the fringe that seems to jut out from my head th a 90 degree angle!

I've thought about everything! I can handle the hacked out bit at the back of my head, I can't see it so I've stopped caring. Its just the fringe that seems to jut out from my head th a 90 degree angle!

Is all of your hair that short or have you short choppy bits on tops & long-ish at the bottom?

Maybe you could put a full head / face shot picture on here & maybe one of the hair geeks could give you advise on how to style it ... just a thought!!

H x

Well, at the min it is just above my shoulders, there are the normal layers on the sides of my hear but then......! There is a strange amount of 1-2 inch bits around the crown, they seem to follow no pattern or style, they're just there! Everything is normal on the top of my head until my fringe where its just gone! I've just been running my fingers through the longer bits, where he has used the razor the hair is rough and hacked at, the hair is breaking along where these hacked bits are, the old one used a razor but it was still clean cut and not knackered!

I've left a message and am waiting for him to call me back!

Well, at the min it is just above my shoulders, there are the normal layers on the sides of my hear but then......! There is a strange amount of 1-2 inch bits around the crown, they seem to follow no pattern or style, they're just there! Everything is normal on the top of my head until my fringe where its just gone! I've just been running my fingers through the longer bits, where he has used the razor the hair is rough and hacked at, the hair is breaking along where these hacked bits are, the old one used a razor but it was still clean cut and not knackered!

I know what you mean ... is it a sort of mullet?? They where back in fashion a while back!! Also I agree about the razor, I have mine razored & it shouldnt feel like that at all ... maybe he wasnt shown/trained how to use it!

Let us know how you get on hun ... make sure you get you point across to him!!

Its a mullet alright! I used to have a 'mullet' but a nice, fashionable one, now its like a full on 80's mullet!

In future ( yeah, sorry, hindsight is worthless) NEVER let a hairdresser use a razor or thinning shears. ESPECIALLY on long hair.
Razor's are for hairdressers with poor techniques and for lazy ones.
They're ok on someone that keeps their hair short, and for making that mess of your bangs.
Other than that,they oughta be in a trash bin.

Razors if not sharp enough and/or not used properly can 'break' the hair as opposed to cutting it. If the shaft is 'broken', that leaves it to have split ends as it's not a clean cut like done with scissors. (Imagine a tree branch broken vs one sawed away, the broken one has ends that are all splayed or 'split') Split ends are unsightly AND make the hair seem to grow more slowly as the hair keeps breaking away at the ends.

There is NOTHING that scissors can't do better than razors if done properly using the right techniques.
We were taught to use razors in our classes....but I'll tell you with all honesty: unless you like the uneven choppy messy look.... forget them as its the only thing they deliver.

As soon as I saw the pic, I guessed 'razor' and my heart goes out to you.
Unfortunately, there's not much you can do other than as I suggested, and let it grow out and seek someone else to cut it later, to reshape it.

If ever a hairdresser wants to use a razor, be 'straight' with them and tell them flat out NO! If they don't want to cut using scissors, get a new hairdresser. Don't be shy about it. Any hairdresser worth his/her salt is able to do ANYTHING with scissors and will happily bin the razor without argument.

Also razor cuts leave you limited. Say one day you want to use rollers in your hair.. good luck with that as it'll be all uneven. You'll have a hell of a time rolling it, with nothing lining up as it should.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Ask your sig-other to rub your head every night to increase bloodflow and encourage growth of your hair. If he happily shaved his head, he should be amenable to this too :lol:

Wow! I never realised that! Thank you Victoria, x x x:hug:

Hiya Louiser,
I hope you get your hair sorted!!!!
Big hugs coming your way!!!:hug::hug::hug:

xxxxx

Thank you! I think perhaps another week of growing and I might be able to make a quif out of it!

Latest posts

Back