Hand file vs Drill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen a nail finished with a drill that looks truly refined.
That kind of look is only possible by hand finishing.
Drills can come in handy, but I'd never rely on one for anything.

OK i had to add....SOOOOO not true! As I said, I have used one for over twenty years! I have been an educator for nails magazine and for buffalo drill manufacturing both! I am at the top of my game and have seen awesome AND poor results with both methods. It is the technician who defines the outcome, reguardless of the method. Educating yourself without assuming the worst is the best path. I bet the tech whom I quoted has not trained, or worked on a regular basis with a drill. Sorry, I just get me feathers in a ruffle sometimes. BTW, it has always (in the past) been referred to as a drill. This e-file stuff is new to me so it will take a while.:lol:

OK i had to add....SOOOOO not true! As I said, I have used one for over twenty years! I have been an educator for nails magazine and for buffalo drill manufacturing both! I am at the top of my game and have seen awesome AND poor results with both methods. It is the technician who defines the outcome, reguardless of the method. Educating yourself without assuming the worst is the best path. I bet the tech whom I quoted has not trained, or worked on a regular basis with a drill. Sorry, I just get me feathers in a ruffle sometimes. BTW, it has always (in the past) been referred to as a drill. This e-file stuff is new to me so it will take a while.:lol:

You are right, I probably have very little experience compared to you :) Although, if you have a mooch you may think otherwise.

I really don't use a drill often (they tend to slow down my finishing process),
i've never really needed to take that much acrylic off a nail (I prefer to not put it on in the first place).

Latest posts

Back