Hand Tying Own Wefts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeelingLippy

Reaction score
Does anyone hand tie their own wefts from bulk hair? if so, is it easy to do? I am having trouble sourcing some good hair in wefts of certain colours but can get it bulk. Was watching a video online with someone doing it and it didn't look too difficult but I am wary of trying and making a mess of it, with cuticle direction etc.

Does anyone offer this service?

Thanks

Maybe it is just me but I find this really difficult and the time it takes for me is not really worth it. Of course you can do it yourself but for me I find it hard. I rarely do weft extensions so not really an issue for me. Tasks jacks does the wefts I know and they have a service for it in their Russian and european hair. When it comes to normal Indian hair and such I find the wefts I have found are good enough so I do not need to do it.

Maybe it is just me but I find this really difficult and the time it takes for me is not really worth it. Of course you can do it yourself but for me I find it hard. I rarely do weft extensions so not really an issue for me. Tasks jacks does the wefts I know and they have a service for it in their Russian and european hair. When it comes to normal Indian hair and such I find the wefts I have found are good enough so I do not need to do it.

Where do you get your wefts from hun? I am struggling to find a good supplier for them... I had a few samples sent through a few weeks ago from different companies but I must say I was not impressed :| x

Which companies did you try so we can eliminate them and what was it you didnt like about them? Do you want them cheap or not mind paying more?

Thanks for your reply hun - I thought that would be the case ie difficult and time consuming. It's just that the majority of my clients do prefer the Weave, I do Micro Rings as well and am hoping to do a cold fusion course in January whilst I am quiet but they always ask for the Weave and I am now pretty well known for it in the area and have built up a good reputation on it. Trying to find a good range of colours in wefts can be difficult for my budget clients. I was using Lush Us but never again - although that's another story..... I am currently using Hair Development for European hair but they don't do the Euro hair in wefts and even with their Indian wefts they don't have the same range of colours as Euro hair, hence me thinking I could hand tie myself. I just don't think I would have the time to do it!

Where do you get your wefts from hun? I am struggling to find a good supplier for them... I had a few samples sent through a few weeks ago from different companies but I must say I was not impressed :| x

Hey

Did you manage to find a supplier? I can give you the names of ones NOT to use ie Lush Us and Hair Planet, Hair Development's Indian wefts are extremely good quality though pricier than the aforementioned - you get what you pay for though....I have just found out about Hairs and Graces in Birmingham, good reviews form what I have heard and have asked for some samples to try. Their prices are very reasonable and the girls I spoke to said the quality was good for what you were paying x

Celebrity elites wefts are pretty good and come in various different textures which is good. But again that is Indian and not European.

Celebrity elites wefts are pretty good and come in various different textures which is good. But again that is Indian and not European.

Yeah I do like their wefts but for Indian wefts that quality I use Hair Development, I really love their hair xxx

hi. i hand tie all my own wefts its not too difficult and time consuming once you get into it. you can also offer a more bespoke blending of colors and also get a much flatter result at the scalp by using double drawn hair. This way not needing to stitch many rows together to achieve the thickness. Odviously this can be time consuming and must be built into the overall cost. good luck

Latest posts

Back