Hands goes stiff when blowdrying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starboltz

Reaction score
Recently I've been noticing when I'm spinning the round brush during a blow dry, it's a real struggle. It's not particularly a pain, but like my hand can barely spin the brush

Any ideas, trip to the gp?

Is it like every single time you spin? Or towards the end of the blowdry?

Is there any pain at all?

You need those brushes I need! It'll get easier with a decent grip brush handle, gp won't do anything it's part of being a hairdresser, I can't even paint a wall or peel potatoes any more because of my hands :(

That sounds like a touch of RSI

Recently I've been noticing when I'm spinning the round brush during a blow dry, it's a real struggle. It's not particularly a pain, but like my hand can barely spin the brush

I've had that before too.
I find its when the handle of the brush is either too small or too big, or when I'm halfway through doing a big blowdry.
You could try some new brushes...I've just bought the Denman Head Huggers and the handle is really comfortable to use.

Sorry for late reply!

It's happening throughout the entire blow dry and its showing in my work. I find I have to flat iron just to make my work look decent it's embarrassing

Sorry for late reply!

It's happening throughout the entire blow dry and its showing in my work. I find I have to flat iron just to make my work look decent it's embarrassing

Does it hurt?

Does it hurt?

There's no aching pain or pain at all. It's almost like my muscles won't work in my hand or something

It used to happen to me when I was training , it was getting to the point I wanted to walk off half way through a blow dry , but it eventually stopped If you are that concerned maybe go to gp and see what they say .

My hand used to curl up like a claw. It was awful. It started in my elbow and then moved to my wrist and hand. I had daily acupuncture and ended up leaving hairdressing for a number of years. When I went back I really worked at correcting my blowdrying technique as I'm left handed and think this might have been part of the problem. And using right handed scissors!!

My hand used to curl up like a claw. It was awful. It started in my elbow and then moved to my wrist and hand. I had daily acupuncture and ended up leaving hairdressing for a number of years. When I went back I really worked at correcting my blowdrying technique as I'm left handed and think this might have been part of the problem. And using right handed scissors!!

Carpal tunnel can start that way. Numbness, tingling, loss of strength. I would see a doctor. Or do some research online for ideas.

Glucosamine sulphate saved my wrists!!! It rebuilds lost joint cartilage

Latest posts

Back