Hard gel and acrylic on same nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina <3s Nails

Reaction score
There is a Young Nails video where he applies acrylic pink and white but finishes off with hard gel (not just a gel topcoat, but a layer of actual gel - I think it was the Synergy Flex or the Synergy Gloss).

He also has a video about forms on people with bitten nails (Gemma Lambert has a video demonstrating the same technique). He basically puts a small pearl on the pink area near where a free edge would normally be, and he spreads it out to create a very small acrylic free edge. When that dries, he fits the form under it just as though he were putting it under a personal's natural nail free edge. The rest of that application is a regular acrylic application.

I prefer sculpting with forms rather than gluing on tips. So, I was thinking.....if acrylic and hard gel can play nice with each other without service breakdown (shown in the first video I described), when I have a client who comes in with really short nails that would be troublesome to fit with forms, do you think I could use the technique from the second video to create a small acrylic free edge, fit the form under that free edge, and then do the hard gel like I would normally do? I'm sure I can accomplish that, but I don't want to experiment on a client. Have any of you done that? Or, have any of you done any service at all where you combined hard gel with acrylic on the same nail? If so, was there any service breakdown (earlier than usual)?

Thanks for any advice or experience about this that you'd like to share with me.

Latest posts

Back