Hard Gel for LED?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaG

Reaction score
Hi geeks.

So I have been trying the search function since last night and I'm just not finding what I need. Hoping someone can help!

Up to now I have only done l&p and gel polish. Now I'm interested in doing gel enhancements but I don't want to have 2 lamps so will need it to cure under LED.

THEN comes the question of soak off vs hard gel? I would prefer soak off as I don't like the idea of having to file down to the nail plate to remove. When I try searching with all these specifics I'm getting nowhere.

Can anyone give me info or point me in the right direction pleeeeeeease? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

its all about personal preference, i prefer to file off rather than wait half a day for the product to soak off. most hard gels cure under led these days, be careful though not to use a high powered lamp or your client will be jumping out of her chair:Scared:

So do the soak offs really take a long time??

Artistic Rock Hard gel is for LED. And it takes no time to file of.

Thanks. I'll have a look at that :)

IBD has a line of LED-curable hard gels. They have several different hard gel lines, so just be sure it says LED/UV on the label, or it isn't one of the LED curable gels. This is a newer line, so not all suppliers have this range.

Gelish / Nail Harmony also has a line of hard gels that are LED curable in the black jars. Neither range is soak-off. The Gelish Structure gel in the white jar is both LED curable and soak off, but not really strong enough for extensions.

Thank you so much :)

Hi geeks.

So I have been trying the search function since last night and I'm just not finding what I need. Hoping someone can help!

Up to now I have only done l&p and gel polish. Now I'm interested in doing gel enhancements but I don't want to have 2 lamps so will need it to cure under LED.

THEN comes the question of soak off vs hard gel? I would prefer soak off as I don't like the idea of having to file down to the nail plate to remove. When I try searching with all these specifics I'm getting nowhere.

Can anyone give me info or point me in the right direction pleeeeeeease? :)

To be fair. I would just use UV lamp as it doesn't heat spike as much as LED. I used gellux hard gel under LED and wow, the pain. Glad it was on me not a client. Used the same gel under UV and it was fine.

File off gel is harder waring and you really don't have to wait around soaking and poking and scraping. Just file it off leaving a really thin layer on the nail. Ink are brining out their new hard gel next month.

Nsi are bringing out a soak off hard gel in the secrets range, not sure of a date but it will be led curable too xxx

Thanks for the info

Latest posts

Back