Hard gel form nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natashalovesnails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to hard gel nails, trained with nsi using their balance gel... I love the product but really struggle with the clear forms they sell to use alongside.
I don't find them very sticky and no matter how tight I try to seal the form underneath it pops open!
The tutor advised to always use a clear form with gel as to get a proper cure, I'd love to hear any recommendations on any other brands of forms for me to try?
I've even thought about buying normal forms (not clear) building my first layer then removing the form after this is cured and continue to build my other layers and apex?
Any help would really be appriciated
Thanks everybody [emoji4]

Are they popping open because you've cut the underneath tab off? If so try this tip instead of cutting parallel to the finger , cut the tab perpendicular and move the tabs left and right, this will stop them popping open :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478902143.373901.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478902188.820184.jpg

Are they popping open because you've cut the underneath tab off? If so try this tip instead of cutting parallel to the finger , cut the tab perpendicular and move the tabs left and right, this will stop them popping open :)

View attachment 202048
View attachment 202050

Thank you so much for your reply, I will give it a try, the nsi ones don't have them little cut marks so I wasn't cutting them at all I was leaving them whole but I will give it a try.
It looks like I won't be panicking over the client knocking the nail either now as they put their hand into the lamp as it's more flat and compact!
I really didn't want to give up on forms and start using tips as I'm a lot faster with forms.. when they don't pop open that is! Thanks again I really appreciate it x

Nsi platinum forms with gel also. You don't need to struggle with the clear ones. Just do the extension on the free edge and then remove the form. No need to complicate things...

Nsi platinum forms with gel also. You don't need to struggle with the clear ones. Just do the extension on the free edge and then remove the form. No need to complicate things...
Thank you greenflower, I will try a normal form and see how I get on, I was just unsure If I could do that incase I didn't get a proper cure, but like you say If I remove after building the free edge... I felt like the clear forms were the only thing holding me back, sculpting is much easier than tips for me but on larger fingers they just don't stick, even sometimes on the smaller fingers they would pop open! Thanks again!

Thank you greenflower, I will try a normal form and see how I get on, I was just unsure If I could do that incase I didn't get a proper cure, but like you say If I remove after building the free edge... I felt like the clear forms were the only thing holding me back, sculpting is much easier than tips for me but on larger fingers they just don't stick, even sometimes on the smaller fingers they would pop open! Thanks again!
I was taught gel nails using silver forms. Just build a thin clear nail on the form, cure, then continue with French apex etc.

Sorry continue after you remove the form...

Latest posts

Back