Hard gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I trained in hard gel over lockdown and I am really struggling with the brand I was taught it I don’t like the consistency,
What is everyone’s go to brand so I can have a play to see what works for me? I’m an acrylic girl so I haven’t really looked into hard gel brands
I only trained to widen my service range and I had a few clients asking if I could do gel extensions
Thanks

Probably the gel you are using now is a lot of Techs go to brand, otherwise they would be out of business. :) Same for just about any gel in the market. Gels are a personal choice and depend on a range of factors:

• hard gel (file off) or soft (soak-off) gel
  • 3-phase gels (base, builder, top) or 1-phase (acts as base, builder and top)
  • viscousity
  • self levelling
  • degree of thixotropy (more means the gel becomes less viscous when you work it)
  • range of colours
  • price
If you are coming from acrylic, you most likely would prefer a higher viscosity gel. Our ULTIMATE hard gels for example stay where the are put similar to an acrylic ball. They are the most popular among our acrylic customers. Or you could also consider a polymer gel (acrylgel). There are a blend go gel and acrylic polymer and many of our acrylic Techs have migrated to POLYTEK. If you would like to see video's of both of these, please send me a PM.

Latest posts

Back