Hard skin removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wondering what everyone finds best for hard skin removal during a pedicure?
I use the disposable grit foot files from Sally's which most of the time work well, I've had a couple of clients in just recently though with bad hard skin that I'm finding hard to treat.
Has anyone got any recommendations on what works best?
Thank you x

Sometimes it's hard to remove really bad hard skin within one treatment. I would be recommending a foot cream and either getting her to use a foot file in between appointments or booking her in for the following week to have them fine by you.
Do you use your foot file before or after the foot soak? Xx

I use my microplane foot file and it gets rid of hard skin like a dream! So cheap too. I use it on dry skin before soaking. x

When there is lots of hard skin to remove, soak as much as you can, then use a cheese grater style file, then soak and file again.
Get them to come every 4 weeks or sooner.
Once you have done about four sessions you will be on top of it.
Home care advice, creams and sell them a rasp will help!

Thank you all for your replies, I use the foot file before I soak, then I put the feet into the foot spa and exfoliate. I had a client in today who's hard skin is a nightmare, the hard skin is cracked (not deep or sore to the client) and I felt as though I hadn't made much difference, we have booked her in again for 4 weeks and I've recommended a heel cream to be applied every night. Is there any thing else that's good for built up cracked skin on heels?

Double base Gel. It's wonderful and doesn't need to be massaged in. You buy it from the pharmacist.

Double base Gel. It's wonderful and doesn't need to be massaged in. You buy it from the pharmacist.

Please be mindful that we do not recommend OTC (over the counter) products on Salon Geek, as these are not professional.

Thanks.

I have to say I use callus peels...they don't make the foot sore...and very good at getting rid of callus and hard skin x

Callus Peel & Microplane......amazing results

Hi,

MAVEX Swiss Pedicure System, Calluspeeling® will remove the hard skin easily in just 15 minutes. It works by dissolving the enzyme that causes the dead skin cells to stick together. No need to soak the feet beforehand so saves time, no need for blades or drills, just a simple plastic scraper tool to remove the softened skin before a final file polish. It is a professional only, in salon treatment.

If you would like information and prices you may contact us on [email protected], or take a look at our website.

Kind regards,
Alison

Latest posts

Back