Hardly any Christmas bookings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairxByxMollie

Reaction score
Okay so far I have around 5 clients booked in for December. The salon I’m in doesn’t want to do any offers or deals so I’m stuck what I’m meant to do we’re also taking a £10 deposit on all services over £50 for new clients but I don’t see to have anyone keen to pay that, what would you suggest? X

Okay so far I have around 5 clients booked in for December. The salon I’m in doesn’t want to do any offers or deals so I’m stuck what I’m meant to do we’re also taking a £10 deposit on all services over £50 for new clients but I don’t see to have anyone keen to pay that, what would you suggest? X

Put out a few posts on Facebook etc just reminding clients of your days and that your available, or extended opening hours - maybe add a price list or a slideshow of your work I know a few of my clients will be looking to book in for December who haven’t done so yet so don’t break into a panic and feel like you need to slash your prices, just a little push to spark something, and even if they don’t book immediately seeing a post will stick in someone’s mind where they might think in a week or so when December hits “my god I better get something booked - that’s right I seen a post the other day” xx

And if the option to pay the deposit through PayPal or transfer is there that should make it easier for clients too I always think it’s a put off for some people who perhaps don’t want to make two trips x

I've done it this year for all my December appointments and everyone has paid a deposit whether its over £50 or not.
You will get the odd person who winges, but if they are serious about their appointment and committed to having their hair done with you, they will pay it.
Even if they can't pay it on the day, ask them when they cm pay it, providing its at least a week before the appointment. If they can't pay the deposit before the appointment, then don't secure the appointment.
Or if they don't pay a deposit, then explain there will be a cancellation fee for missed appointments.
Thing is people don't cancel with notice and your left with spaces you can't fill at such short notice in December - not what you want.
And another way to look at it is, if they don't turn up, you don't get paid - not fair!

Latest posts

Back