Harmony's pink soak-off artificial nail remover vs. green nail polish remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spjelgus

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Was just by my suppliers to get some Soak-off solution (the pink one) but they were sold out and only had the green Nail Polish remover. She said it would work just as fine but I was just wondering whether anybody knew the strength difference in the two?

The green one states as its second ingredient aqua and the pink one doesn't so im guessing the green one is more watered down and wouldn't work as well for soak offs?:/

I think you would have been better off buying acetone as a one off until they got the proper remover in stock, rather than a polish remover ! I doubt it will soak off Gelish in 10 minutes :sad:

Yeah that's what I thought:/ I hate when you eat up something a seller tells you then don't think for yourself until after!!!

If it says on the bottle "polish remover" than yeah, I don't think it would work for Gelish, considering Gelish isn't polish.

Harmony doesn't do bad products though, so you can keep that one for your clients that have nail polish on their nails!

In desperation I have used polish remover to take off my own Gelish, you will need to buff a little more than usual and soak for a few extra minutes....provided it's not an acetone free remover that is! Not ideal but it will work.

I dont purchase the harmony remover anymore, i started buying cnd's d-solve to remove gelish works just as well if not better. Not as expensive either :biggrin:

I use acetone.

I used to use the Harmony remover but it is expensive compared to acetone, so I switched. After 2-3 appointments I found some clients had a lot of dehydration (white areas) on their nails, and one who was a 2 weeks client so maybe had 4 acetone removals, even had signs of onycholysis :eek: I knew this client was meticulous about using her Solar Oil so knew it could only be the acetone.
I switched right back to the Harmony remover and all my clients have no problems with dehydrated nails. I would rather pay more for this product and keep my clients happy and their nails healthy.
That is why although I recommend acetone in this case it is only as a stop gap until the Harmony remover can be obtained.

Cliché;1568048 said:
If it says on the bottle "polish remover" than yeah, I don't think it would work for Gelish, considering Gelish isn't polish.

All "polish remover" has some acetone in it. Acetone removes soak off gels. This product may not have such a high acetone content so it will just take longer to remove.

Like CazBeautica, I changed to S2 D-Solve, Harmony Remover is way over priced. This, of course, does not help the OP who is in Iceland. I would use acetone rather than pay the Harmony Remover price. 950ml of Harmony Remover costs quite a bit more than 5000ml of D-Solve, and personally, I think it works better.

Last edited:
You should be happy you're not in Iceland:) First: we have no CND so no d-solve, second: pure acetone is even more expensive than the Harmony remover!!

I think i'll keep the green polish remover though, looks professional to have everything in the same bottles... haha:)

I used to use the Harmony remover but it is expensive compared to acetone, so I switched. After 2-3 appointments I found some clients had a lot of dehydration (white areas) on their nails, and one who was a 2 weeks client so maybe had 4 acetone removals, even had signs of onycholysis :eek: I knew this client was meticulous about using her Solar Oil so knew it could only be the acetone.
I switched right back to the Harmony remover and all my clients have no problems with dehydrated nails. I would rather pay more for this product and keep my clients happy and their nails healthy.
That is why although I recommend acetone in this case it is only as a stop gap until the Harmony remover can be obtained.

DITTO. I used acetone coz it was cheaper but nails and skin were drying out and going very white so went right back to the Harmony pink solution which didn't do any of this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

On saying that, if some of you recon CND's d.solve is the same or better I might look into this...

Please can someone who has a bottle of d.solve tell me the ingredients list on it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I use orly gelfx remover as loads cheaper than harmony one but just as good. Also use their 3 in 1 prep/cleanser.

Latest posts

Back