Has anybody ever mixed Gelish colours in an empty nail polish bottle??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nila

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Have you ever mixed Gelish colours in an empty nail polish bottle or Gelish bottle? Do they mix properly?

I have a sheek white that surprisingly has changed to a kind of cream/off white colour! I was thinking of mixing it with some dark colours to make new colours, instead of throwing it out as it's expensive and still full...

I haven't myself but i know it can be done with the mani-q gel polishes x

Wouldn't it cure eventually in a clear polish bottle? My Sheek White also went a funny colour, a good shake fixed it.

Mix it in low light, and then when you're done, spray paint the bottle black. :)

I haven't used my sheek white for a while because nobody wanted french or white colour recently, but 2 weeks ago I had a bride and she wanted white Gelish. when I opened the bottle it was a kind of yellowish clear oil on top of the colour seperated from it! I tried to shake it and roll it in my hand but it is still completely off white...

Mix it in low light, and then when you're done, spray paint the bottle black. :)

Lol, I can't imagine the mess I'd make doing that - interesting bits of black spray paint on my table or floor.

... when I opened the bottle it was a kind of yellowish clear oil on top of the colour seperated from it! I tried to shake it and roll it in my hand but it is still completely off white...

I think Sheek White (certainly compared with my Gelicure white) always looks off white in the bottle. However, when I've used it it looks white enough on the nail.

Lol. I paint too, so I spray the bottles on the back porch at night.
Random requests just get mixed drop by drop at the table, but if I find I'm doing it a lot, I'll mix a bottle.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Thanks everyone. I actually never thought about Gelish getting cured being exposed to the natural light in a clear bottle. I just thought its a better way of mixing colours as I don't think mixing them on a foil is really a good idea, coz if you add a little bit more of one colour you may end up with different shades on client's nails.

I think I'll wait till one of my dark colours is finishing so I can use Gelish bottle and then mix my funny off white sheek with that to make a new lighter shade for myself.

or maybe mix three colours...Oooo that's exciting!!! :)

Bella's vampire + Jetset + Off white! (I found a new name for sheek white!)

What colours would you mix with Off White?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back