Has anyone ever paid for an ad on Facebook?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber2007

Reaction score
Has anyone paid for ad and had any success from it x

I have done several times. It's usually quite successful! Jus make sure you put in your target audience though. I didn't once and it was a complete waste x

I have too and found it sucessful xx

I just promoted my page £3 for one day only did it 2 hours ago & have 15 new likes already! :) xx

Is it easy to do? X

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I promoted a post and it got likers. Didn't really transpire into bookings. I find that running conditions get better results.

I did a free microdermabrasion treatment. I ran it for 7 days, starting Sunday and finishing Sunday. I did a like and share to win. I got 5 new likers, 1 lash booking and then the competition winner had her free session and paid for a full set of lashes! Massive bonus. Hope it helps x

Lisa 😃

Facebook is an excellent way of advertising!!!

Was about to pay for Facebook advertising, then was told to give this a watch (put me off!)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfHeWTKjag

This only applies if you target the 'fake like' countries in order to get more likes. If you target your hometown/females/whatever age range applies you might only get 20 likes but they'll all be genuinely interested in your salon/product and a few May book or comment on things. That's why it's best to do the targeting yourself and not just leave it to Facebook or a marketing company x

I have tried advertising and have found the targeting doesn't work as you can't narrow down the mileage enough. I'm in Hertfordshire very close to london and I know that people won't really travel more than about 3 miles as there are far too many businesses that would be more local to them. So although I have got loads of likes, none of them have turned in to clients from advertising.

Yes defo i only did it tp target my area and its worked xx

I think those people who are put off because of the fake likes and what-not have to remember that those warnings applies to people who are trying to drive web traffic or get people from all over the world to watch their video or go to their website. If you are targeting locally, you are going to find that you might suddenly get a few more calls you than would have otherwise.

'career that cannot be mentioned on here'.

For clarity, you were actually asking people to spam about your book here so you could use this site for free advertising. That is what you were asked not to do: Spam.

I haven't read your book so I have no idea if it is lame nor did I ever say it was lame. Here is the exact message (I bolded the lame bit):

it is worth taking this time to let you know that while I really don't care about your discussions re: SalonGeek.com on FB, I do care about your lame attempts to rally people from Facebook to post here to promote your book. After seeing how you solicit others to post here for your financial gain, I will now assume any discussion on your book is merely you abusing the site again for your financial gain and take action accordingly.

Hope that clarifies.

Now that's cleared up :)

Be very careful with facebook to target correctly & fingers crossed it will bring in some bookings for you.
Getting fake likes & likers from different countries can cause a lot of harm as you dramatically decrease the chances of reaching the likers you need to reach with your posts in your area.
Likes are not always bookings!
Good luck :)

Now that's cleared up :)

Be very careful with facebook to target correctly & fingers crossed it will bring in some bookings for you.
Getting fake likes & likers from different countries can cause a lot of harm as you dramatically decrease the chances of reaching the likers you need to reach with your posts in your area.
Likes are not always bookings!
Good luck :)

How do you target correctly as I am obviously doing it wrong! I keep getting likers from up north when I am SE London/Kent! On the advert link it says reach so many people nearby but none of the new likers are remotely close so not sure why they would like page as they will never come that far for an appointment! I have put my area into the box that requests key words. Maybe it's cos I did it on the iPad rather than the laptop?

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

How do you target correctly as I am obviously doing it wrong! I keep getting likers from up north when I am SE London/Kent! On the advert link it says reach so many people nearby but none of the new likers are remotely close so not sure why they would like page as they will never come that far for an appointment! I have put my area into the box that requests key words. Maybe it's cos I did it on the iPad rather than the laptop?

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

It's much easier if you do it from a PC. It gives you the option to type in your city/town and select a radius. It also lets you pick male/female and select age range. This means you'll only be paying for people seeing your ad who are actually close by! Sometimes ads appear on my page for random things really far away and I feel really sorry for the person as they're being charged for that!! Hope this helps x

Thank you everyone for your replies. Going to give it a go this morning so fingers crossed x

I had a look last night, seems easy enough, you also get upto 10 interests to add so it shows on those news feeds who's likes those interests... So I'm guessing if you add "music" "films" in the list it will go to a wider audience as most people have music and films listed on their profiles? Am I correct in that? Or barking up the wrong tree? X

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back