Has anyone recently purchased an e-file?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainiac

Reaction score
If so which one did you get and how are you finding it? Any recommendations?
I know there are other threads on e-files but would like to hear from anyone who has bought one recently as want to invest but don't know which one to get? :) thanks xx

I purchased 2. I got the budget one from Nsi for my training course then had a chance to use a Kupa one on the day. The difference was huge and my client could feel it too. I felt much more confident using it and love it! So easy to use and the training was good too.
I bought mine from www.vbnails.co.uk. Next day delivery and a good bit cheaper

I always use kupa ..very low vibrations

I purchased 2. I got the budget one from Nsi for my training course then had a chance to use a Kupa one on the day. The difference was huge and my client could feel it too. I felt much more confident using it and love it! So easy to use and the training was good too.
I bought mine from www.vbnails.co.uk. Next day delivery and a good bit cheaper
This company sells cnd shellac and Vinylux which makes me uneasy!??

Nsi sell them too so you can order through them.
Have you already had efile training? If not you will probably be able to order one from your educator beforehand so it's ready for your course

I haven't done any training yet, have looked at various courses but to be honest I really don't know which machine is good and it's a big investment so need to make sure it's the right one!

The problem with using someone unauthorised is the warranty/servicing.

It may be cheaper & if it outlives its warranty then great. But it's a lot to risk when you have zero comeback about enforcing the warranty after the paypal guarantee has expired.

Also, efiles should last if you look after them & if you buy from an authorised distributor you can send it off for maintenance/repair even when out of warranty which gives you peace of mind.

We buy kupas from NSi & I also have a couple of extreme drills from Crystal Nails which we have found to be just as good - however, we haven't tried out their repair or maintenance service as of yet whereas I can confidently say NSI will look after you if there is a problem. I imagine Harmony would too they're usually very good at aftercare.

I'm looking for good e -file as well. Soon my old one will die. Heard a good reviews about KUPA passport but it is quite expensive to deliver to UK. Looking for quite,with no vibration and long lasting.

The problem with using someone unauthorised is the warranty/servicing.

It may be cheaper & if it outlives its warranty then great. But it's a lot to risk when you have zero comeback about enforcing the warranty after the paypal guarantee has expired.

Also, efiles should last if you look after them & if you buy from an authorised distributor you can send it off for maintenance/repair even when out of warranty which gives you peace of mind.

We buy kupas from NSi & I also have a couple of extreme drills from Crystal Nails which we have found to be just as good - however, we haven't tried out their repair or maintenance service as of yet whereas I can confidently say NSI will look after you if there is a problem. I imagine Harmony would too they're usually very good at aftercare.
Thank you for your advice. Which kupa model from Nsi do you recommend and do they do safety bits? x

I'm not sure if they do the safety bit but you can purchase kupa bits from a lot of places.

I would recommend you having a chat & seeing if you could maybe try a few out on the training course prior to purchase. Because it's a big investment & they are all a bit different so seeing/holding them makes sense.

I bought the upower 200 as it's what 2 of the girls were familiar with. I used the erica during training (which is the young nails kupa) and honestly it's pretty identical to the upower 200.

All the kupa models are good I think. The last couple we bought were the 220 because they're more compact. I think the hand piece isn't quite so comfy though but maybe that's just me.

Just to say the dust from an efile is totally different to manual filing. You really need proper extraction otherwise you will definitely be inhaling it. I have real issues with nail dust it irritates my eyes terribly & makes me wheeze. I have no problems with manual filing it is simply the much finer dust of the efile. So do keep yourself safe :)

Nsi stock the safety bits. I bought mine there

Latest posts

Back