Has anyone seen this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailroom

Reaction score
Hi,
it's been a loooong time since I looked on here, so hi and hope you are all well.
My baby is due in 2 weeks and I'm still working although it's real difficult now getting comfortable at my workstation! I sorta have to sit sidewaysish, I'm definitly stopping nails this week!! (it's soo boring not doing nails though - only temp )

A regular client mentioned an article in The Mail which I looked up and found on the website. It certainly got me thinking even though I work cleanly and keep lids on etc.

Any thoughts or comments?

Here's the link :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ily.html?in_article_id=320545&in_page_id=1799

Sarah x

ps, sorry if this has already been covered I haven't been here for months :o

Thanks Gigi for the thread (and your kind baby words!), I just had a read through and and sort of put my mind to rest which I knew there wasn't anything to worry about anyway, especially when observing the usual rules, it's obviously these silly hormones lol. Also was curious to other opinions.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

I wouldn't worry yourself too much about this article. It seems to me there is nothing you can do these days without it being a risk to whomever. Each week there is a risk about something, either eating something, exercising in a particular way, breathing air that is not just right, which all say cause damage to our children or ourselves. I believe things are meant to be, and really wouldnt worry too much about it. Especially as you are only 2 weeks away from your little arrival, you dont want him/her to make an early entrance because of all the worrying about articles like this. As long as you work safely in the correct manner and with correct ventilation, im sure you have nothing to worry about. Good luck with your little one , and post us a pic to coo over!!

Michelle xx

Hi Nailroom - hope you are not too uncomfortable!! Samuel is actually talking to Doug Schoon as I type regarding this newspaper article!! Sam will post the moment he has got relevent info from THE Grand Master Scientist!! Chill out and NO STRESS!! :hug:

Mrs Geek said:
Hi Nailroom - hope you are not too uncomfortable!! Samuel is actually talking to Doug Schoon as I type regarding this newspaper article!! Sam will post the moment he has got relevent info from THE Grand Master Scientist!! Chill out and NO STRESS!! :hug:

How God damned lucky are we Geeks to have this sort of information at our fingertips!!!! :biggrin:

OMG - wait until you hear the official news on this article - meanwhile yiu really can chill out - no probs what so-ever!! Check out Geeks article in Novemeber in Scratch!!!

Posh Gels said:
As usual...shock treatment sent to scare us all...gosh..when I think of all the perm lotion etc I must have inhaled over the years of hairdressing..didn't seem to affect my babies!! :suprised:

Please don't worry...there have been studies done to prove that drug addicts including heroin addicts produce perfectly healthy babies...enjoy him/her and good luck xx
Are you sure this is true?? and can you point me to the studies that say this? I am under the impression that addicts produce babies that have an addiction and that these babies need very careful monitoring when born!

You may or may not be correct in what you say, I'm no expert, but you need to be very carefull when making statements of this kind. Although we are talking about another subject entirely here in this thread.

This is a serious subject and nail technicians need serious accurate, well founded answers that they can have confidence in. The Nail Geek site is known for its accurate information so we all need to take care not to pass on opinion or unfounded information (your information may be perfectly well founded, but as I say, I have been taught different information.)

I have deleted my post...as after thinking about this..I do not remember where I read it...

What I dislike is how the tabloids are often trying to scare us...we can't do anything these days w/out a risk..!!

When they print out this stuff do they do proper research... like check the Mother's IQ to compare..just a thought!!!!

Anyway..I did read it..years ago... however..when I was pregnant I stopped smoking and had no alcohol or pain killers...

Posh Gels said:
I have deleted my post...as after thinking about this..I do not remember where I read it...

What I dislike is how the tabloids are often trying to scare us...we can't do anything these days w/out a risk..!!

When they print out this stuff do they do proper research... like check the Mother's IQ to compare..just a thought!!!!

Anyway..I did read it..years ago... however..when I was pregnant I stopped smoking and had no alcohol or pain killers...
Exactly !!! I asked the same question in the first discussion we had re this article (link above)
I think it says that they tested 32 people! That is not a test. No mention of family IQ or intelligence history or background or anything that would make proper controls for a test of this kind. a complete waste of time.
Doug will provide us with the facts and as Samantha said they will give us the confidence we seek.
For years Doug has written about this issue sensibly and accurately ... I have never had the slightest worries re nail products that have been pàssed as safe for years by the FDA.

Yes , 32 people...What a joke....Must have been low IQ people carrying out a survey to quote that they had come to a conclusion with 32 people.!!

They did do some IQ tests and other similar tests... but it is a farce. The next geek article in Scratch outlines the truth. I have worked very hard on this and come up with some very interesting information (I managed to get the confidential study from the research center!).

Cant tell more as you must wait until the article is published. However, you can all rest assured that it is a farce of a story.

Thanks Mrs Geek I'll look out for Novembers Scratch then.

I'm stopping work on Saturday (maybe lol!) no, I am. I just have a friend's nails to do next week. I'm hoping to catch up a bit more here, as I'll be home a bit more, in the next few weeks.

Sarah x

Latest posts

Back