Has anyone sold a small salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
I have had some news which will make it difficult to co tongue running my salon. I'm already struggling to muster the motivation and enthusiasm to keep going.

And with a member of staff going off on maternity later in the year, and me in available will mean it will be run I to the ground.

It doesn't have a big turnover well below the threshold and would suit someone who can work in it full time themselves, the profit would be very good.

It isn't worth enough to use someone to advertise it for me, so I'm unsure where to start?

I was thinking of co ranting someone who used to work for me and is now working self employed renting a room, to offer her the opportunity or see if she knows anyone.

I don't think either of my current staff would be interested and I wouldn't want to ask incase they jump shop now! And I'll be let in deep pooh.

Any ideas where to market the salon.

Jemima :)

Sorry to hear that Jemima, good luck with finding someone and I hope everything is alright :) xx

I'm sorry to hear this too- it's so hard for small businesses at the moment. I think put the feelers out amongst your networks and see what comes up. Good luck to you.

Xx

Last edited:
It's good news - I'm pregnant but shhhhh.

And my children are more important than anything, and I want to be there until they go to preschool. So will need to remotely manage the salon and the salon won't run well if I'm not there.

I'd prefer to sell it when it's ok rather than when it is going down hill. I've got a few months to see if I can sell it.

It would be a shame to just close it down, it's been 3 hard years of my life!

Congrats hun!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's good news - I'm pregnant but shhhhh.

And my children are more important than anything, and I want to be there until they go to preschool. So will need to remotely manage the salon and the salon won't run well if I'm not there.

I'd prefer to sell it when it's ok rather than when it is going down hill. I've got a few months to see if I can sell it.

It would be a shame to just close it down, it's been 3 hard years of my life!

Oh that is good news! Congratulations!!!!

I can see why your making this decision in that case! Maybe you could work from a home salon or something instead. Unless you can get a very good salon manager or trusted colleague or friend in to cover you while your away and return part time after your maternity leave??

Xxx

Congratulations! Very pleased for you and your family and can completely understand why you've come to this decision. Xx

Firstly congratulations!!

I sold my small salon a few years ago now. I didn't advertise but was surprised how fast the news spread that I wanted to sell, I was actually approached by 3 other local salons all interested in buying my client list, however as I had set it up from scratch I didn't want to see it taken apart and a staff member ended up buying it from me and it's still up and running today 😊

You need to decide whether you want to sell it as a going concern, or if you're happy to sell off stock etc all separately and for the business to close. I sold everything, and there are certain things I wish I had hung onto, little bits of kit and stock I had which on there own wouldn't have affected the final sale cost and so I could have kept them but in the end I got a good price for it and am happy that 'my' little salon is still going strong 😊

Thanks everyone x

Latest posts

Back