Has anyone used Worldpay Zinc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, can worldpay zinc app be used on 2 different phones but using same account? Theres 2 of us in our salon and not always in at the same time. Thanks

Hi, can worldpay zinc app be used on 2 different phones but using same account? Theres 2 of us in our salon and not always in at the same time. Thanks

Hi LR82,

You can pair the Chip & PIN keypad with more than one smartphone, but it needs to be re-paired via bluetooth each time you switch between phones. The other point worth mentioning though is that you can only link your WorldPay Zinc device to one bank account, so as long as you are both taking payments into one account this would be fine.

Thanks,

Emma Dillon | Community & Social Media Manager | WorldPay Zinc

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all.
Have loved reading how you are all finding your card machines.
Can anyone tell me the differences between izettle and worldpay zinc?
Thank you x

Hi all.
Have loved reading how you are all finding your card machines.
Can anyone tell me the differences between izettle and worldpay zinc?
Thank you x

I don't think there is much difference, I just went with Worldpay as they're a well known company.

x

Great. Thanks for your reply. I've just spoken to them and their customer service was great. Regarding viewing reports and previous transactions, how is that?? Do you find everything clear to manage? The one on the izettle seems very broken down and simple to keep track of.
Gosh I'm so indecisive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How long does it take to arrive and get started

Apart from anything else the worldpay doesn't plug into your phone like he I settle,it's a separate unit you hand to the client xx

It took a week to ten days to be fully set up. My clients are impressed and I'm
Getting on well with it generally. Don't forget to go by recommendation as they were doing a discount for the card machine for the new customer and a voucher for the person who did the recommendation? Let me know if u have any q's

I'm going to be ordering mine if someone wants to recommend me!

Hi. I can do the referral for you, I just don't know how to send a private message. Just checked on Zinc website. It says you get £20 off handset if you mention my referral

Happy to refer anyone if they want, just ordered my terminal and I get £15 voucher for referring someone and so does the friend x

Hi. I can do the referral for you, I just don't know how to send a private message. Just checked on Zinc website. It says you get £20 off handset if you mention my referral

Have pm d you,to pm someone click on their name and select the option x

I've just gone with a company called retail merchant service which are fab! If you are going to do less than £1350 a month on credit & debit cards alone. Then this is the best deal machine rental £14.95 a month, all cards 2.95%
1 off fee for GPRS sim £25
Till rolls£15 (will last a couple of years)
As part of this you get free legal advice for personal and business, free Tax & Vat investigation insurance amongst many other benefits. Normally this terminal is £31.95 a month and because it is GPRS you get signal almost anywhere and costs nothing to run.
Inbox me if anyone's interested I can give you the Reps number x

Hi everyone,

Just got off then phone to world pay after bombarding them with questions and I forgot to ask:

With the % on a transaction, is it debited off each transaction or is it debited as a monthly payment?
I'm planning to go with the £12.99 per month option and they said if you take over £1000 then you pay the % instead, just wondered how this would be payed (just thinking of book keeping etc)

And also, do you get a statement or are you able to print one off for your records?

Thanks
Julie xx

Hi everyone,

Just got off then phone to world pay after bombarding them with questions and I forgot to ask:

With the % on a transaction, is it debited off each transaction or is it debited as a monthly payment?
I'm planning to go with the £12.99 per month option and they said if you take over £1000 then you pay the % instead, just wondered how this would be payed (just thinking of book keeping etc)

And also, do you get a statement or are you able to print one off for your records?

Thanks
Julie xx

Hi Julie,

The transaction fees are debited monthly from your bank account. And you will receive a monthly statement. Your transaction history is also available on the WorldPay Zinc app and in the 'My Account' section of the website.

Thanks.

Emma Dillon| Community & Social Media Manager | WorldPay Zinc

Last edited by a moderator:
I just signed up with World pay zinc. I bought my handset in PC world since estimated delivery time was a week. I had to charge the machine plugged into my laptop for hours! It wouldn't set up with my iPhone. I managed to pair it with my tablet and had a client Sunday who paid £90 through card. I have yet to receive an email/ text acknowledging this transaction took place!!! I had a 'confirmation' on the machine that it was successful but seriously I need that in writing. I'm terrified that it didn't. Can anyone using this service advise me? Do you get a text/ email as well as your client? I selected email receipt for the client but I'm not sure if she got it. Not at all impressed thus far with this service.

I just signed up with World pay zinc. I bought my handset in PC world since estimated delivery time was a week. I had to charge the machine plugged into my laptop for hours! It wouldn't set up with my iPhone. I managed to pair it with my tablet and had a client Sunday who paid £90 through card. I have yet to receive an email/ text acknowledging this transaction took place!!! I had a 'confirmation' on the machine that it was successful but seriously I need that in writing. I'm terrified that it didn't. Can anyone using this service advise me? Do you get a text/ email as well as your client? I selected email receipt for the client but I'm not sure if she got it. Not at all impressed thus far with this service.

If it said on the screen of your phone/tablet that it went through ok then it will have worked. You will receive the money in your bank within 4 days. If you're worried about anything give them a call, their customer service is fab, so helpful and open 24/7. I was scared taking my first payment so put £1 through as a test, but all was fine and so far I've had no problems xx

Thanks Julie
I really thought we would get an email/ text confirming the payment or copy of invoice. I didn't realise they don't send anything. I was going to try my card the first time but read in their terms and conditions they don't allow this. Just rang them and they said it's gone through so panic over.

So, guys this system is really worth it? I am with Cardsave at the moment and I am pretty tempted.

Does Wifi has to be available for it to work?

Are your customers ok with it?

So, guys this system is really worth it? I am with Cardsave at the moment and I am pretty tempted.

Does Wifi has to be available for it to work?

Are your customers ok with it?

I'm much much happier with my Zinc account than I was with my wired system (also through Worldpay).

Saving £25+ per month is brilliant (on the 'All You Can Eat' option)

Yes wi-fi needs to be available

Every customer thinks it's fab, no fiddly bits of paper, lovely SMS/email receipts. I've had no problems with money appearing in my account.

My issue with the card reader is solved now as they posted a new one out to me last week and I paired and tested it this morning.

Latest posts

Back