Has anyone used Worldpay Zinc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Julie
I really thought we would get an email/ text confirming the payment or copy of invoice. I didn't realise they don't send anything. I was going to try my card the first time but read in their terms and conditions they don't allow this. Just rang them and they said it's gone through so panic over.

Just to confirm what Julie says above, it says on your phone screen 'transaction approved'

You can also log on to your WebMis portal and check all your transactions

Thanks Julie
I really thought we would get an email/ text confirming the payment or copy of invoice. I didn't realise they don't send anything. I was going to try my card the first time but read in their terms and conditions they don't allow this. Just rang them and they said it's gone through so panic over.

I know, must say I like a confirmation too just for peace of mind! But least we know it all goes through. I love my little card machine xx

I'm much much happier with my Zinc account than I was with my wired system (also through Worldpay).

Saving £25+ per month is brilliant (on the 'All You Can Eat' option)

Yes wi-fi needs to be available

Every customer thinks it's fab, no fiddly bits of paper, lovely SMS/email receipts. I've had no problems with money appearing in my account.

My issue with the card reader is solved now as they posted a new one out to me last week and I paired and tested it this morning.

Thank you so much.

Absolutely shame about the Wifi; just that the salon I rent my room from do not have any. 3G would not be reliable enough.

I will definitely have a look into this system. I'd be saving loads of money.

ADiva1, yes you have to have a very good wifi connection. I still haven't managed to connect with my iPhone as the connection home was weak but I managed to do it with my tablet easily. Taking the payment was straightforward but I really despise the fact that apart from the machine telling you it was a success you get virtually no notification (text or email) confirming this. You can select whether to send your client a receipt by text or email and enter their info so I really fail to see why the same courtesy is not an option for the seller! I'm quite annoyed by this and frankly it puts me off using it although I've just paid £50 for the damn machine. You have to log into your account to view transactions to see if it shows up - a waste of my time I think if you have clients back to back. If I had known I would not get a confirmation immediately ( client didn't either in my presence) I would not have bothered with this system. This is a drawback nobody mentioned before.

ADiva1, yes you have to have a very good wifi connection. I still haven't managed to connect with my iPhone as the connection home was weak but I managed to do it with my tablet easily. Taking the payment was straightforward but I really despise the fact that apart from the machine telling you it was a success you get virtually no notification (text or email) confirming this. You can select whether to send your client a receipt by text or email and enter their info so I really fail to see why the same courtesy is not an option for the seller! I'm quite annoyed by this and frankly it puts me off using it although I've just paid £50 for the damn machine. You have to log into your account to view transactions to see if it shows up - a waste of my time I think if you have clients back to back. If I had known I would not get a confirmation immediately ( client didn't either in my presence) I would not have bothered with this system. This is a drawback nobody mentioned before.

Let's hope with time that they rectify this situation. I guess it also depends on what network your client is on, as if it's an SMS which was sent, it just might take a while sometimes. Email might be more reliable.

Does this actually mean that you stand there typing in customers' details, i.e. their email address or telephone number?

I have clients who raise their bums off their chairs in reception immediately after I open my beauty room door. They are ready to have a lie down on my couch, so I guess they would not be too pleased with me typing in email addresses of the previous customer whilst they are waiting.

HOWEVER, I will still looking into this system as I do think card machine merchants get away with their overpriced rates.

So glad I found this post! I got charged £75 today by barclaycard for my last months transactions :( I am defo changing to this. Every little helps.... :D xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask if any of you have to do an online PCI compliance with trustwave for using your card machines? I am only 4 months in as new salon but just been charged an annual scan fee of £24 from cardsave. None of the card companies mentioned this compliance fee when I was getting quotes and I don't really understand it. It's all to do with preventing fraud but I'm just suprised no one mentioned it before. I'm new to all of this so just wanted to know if it's standard practice?

Can I ask if any of you have to do an online PCI compliance with trustwave for using your card machines? I am only 4 months in as new salon but just been charged an annual scan fee of £24 from cardsave. None of the card companies mentioned this compliance fee when I was getting quotes and I don't really understand it. It's all to do with preventing fraud but I'm just suprised no one mentioned it before. I'm new to all of this so just wanted to know if it's standard practice?

No PCI not required as you dint hold any paper records of card details, another bonus :biggrin:

My contract is for a year but this sounds good, will look onto it for next year! X

Does this actually mean that you stand there typing in customers' details, i.e. their email address or telephone number?

All of my clients choose SMS receipt (so far) obviously their phone numbers are in my phone so whilst the app is going on line to authorise the payment I flip to my contacts and copy/paste their number ready for the next page which is confirmation and receipt issue, paste their number in the appropriate box and send, they get their receipt seconds later. It doesn't take any longer to copy and paste than rip off the till receipt and put the machine away.

I have been using my world pay zinc for only a short while in my home salon and just moved into my high street salon a few weeks ago and what happened in the first week? It stopped Working, I was mortified, it took a week to get. anew one so I ended up losing money on voucher and gift sales as people didn't have enough cash! I am contemplating getting a fixed machine as I cannot have this happen again, especially where I live as not many cash points

I have been using my world pay zinc for only a short while in my home salon and just moved into my high street salon a few weeks ago and what happened in the first week? It stopped Working, I was mortified, it took a week to get. anew one so I ended up losing money on voucher and gift sales as people didn't have enough cash! I am contemplating getting a fixed machine as I cannot have this happen again, especially where I live as not many cash points

I'd always opt for a proper merchant and terminal company. I recommend cardsave but there are many to compare. Just don't be afraid to haggle on price. They take about 3 weeks to get set up as paperwork takes a while to get sorted with streamline. This is general timescale for all proper merchant terminals and merchant accounts.

I was doing well with my worldpay pay as you go, but now I have to migrate across to worldpay zinc..........

I've tried twice to set it up and I'm going nowhere! I've used their help line but still not sucessfull.

I'm going to try and pair it with my tablet instead and see if that works!

..A quick question for zinc users:

Do you have to enter a password each time you fire up the zinc app? I didn't have to with my old world pay.

Hi

Yes, I always have to log in each time which is about of a pain.

Mine didn't log me out immediately after switching to another app and back. It did after a while though.

Latest posts

Back