Hate being self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My days off consitis of paperwork and promoting etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah I work 3 jobs.... Don't know what a day off is.

What?? Your nuts what else do you do?

Have to make a living :)
Well the print, websites and a new product hoping to launch soon that should do very well :)

Last edited:
I guess i am lucky i still live at home with my parents and dont have kids yet. But looking to move out and start a family in the near future

My other problem my mum has been in the salon helping me since we opened and she is rajin that im considering giving up

My other problem my mum has been in the salon helping me since we opened and she is rajin that im considering giving up

It's difficult. There's a fine line between giving up too soon and flogging a dead horse.

I know and i wouldnt stop doing what i do. She feels likes shes done 2 years and has nothing to show for it. So frustrating she wont even talk she just keeps walking out! I just cant handle the quiet spells :-(

I know and i wouldnt stop doing what i do. She feels likes shes done 2 years and has nothing to show for it. So frustrating she wont even talk she just keeps walking out! I just cant handle the quiet spells :-(

Is it your dream to have a salon or is it your mum's? That's probably what I'd be asking myself.

Is it your dream to have a salon or is it your mum's? That's probably what I'd be asking myself.

I LOVE what I do don't get me wrong. My job is my life. But I think this one is her dream. Its not like its not my dream to have a salon but I dont know if its right for me just now. I feel so guilty she is so annoyed at me :-( but het pettiness is pushing me to give up more. Am i wrong for wanting a set income each month, I want to start saving for a mortgage I know I probably wont get being self employed :-(. I am thinking for my future but feel like s**t now.

I LOVE what I do don't get me wrong. My job is my life. But I think this one is her dream. Its not like its not my dream to have a salon but I dont know if its right for me just now. I feel so guilty she is so annoyed at me :-( but het pettiness is pushing me to give up more. Am i wrong for wanting a set income each month, I want to start saving for a mortgage I know I probably wont get being self employed :-(. I am thinking for my future but feel like s**t now.

At the end of the day you can't think of someone else other yourself. Even family, as bad as that sounds. If it's not for you, work on getting out and getting a decent regular job.

This is why I don't recommend working with friends or family. No matter how close people are. It makes it difficult to stick to business.

At the end of the day you can't think of someone else other yourself. Even family, as bad as that sounds. If it's not for you, work on getting out and getting a decent regular job.

This is why I don't recommend working with friends or family. No matter how close people are. It makes it difficult to stick to business.

I know, I need to do whats right for me she will get over it just hard living with her being pissed at me. I have been having a look at jobs tonight to see whats out there

I know, I need to do whats right for me she will get over it just hard living with her being pissed at me. I have been having a look at jobs tonight to see whats out there

What will you regret most? Leaving now? Or not leaving now? Not always something you can realistically answer but always helps me make big decisions x

What will you regret most? Leaving now? Or not leaving now? Not always something you can realistically answer but always helps me make big decisions x

I know what you mean. I might regret it I might not. Going to give it a week and see how I feel. At least I only have to give one months notice to the landlord!

Is there anyway that you can keep the salon going and getting a part time job say for a few months so that you can have some respite?

What will happen to your mother if you close down? Does she also need to find herself job or can she survive without one? I feel that it's a shame that you cannot plan this together. Could you employ someone?

What exactly is her role in the salon?
Can she take over more of the running of the business?

I know what you mean. I might regret it I might not. Going to give it a week and see how I feel. At least I only have to give one months notice to the landlord!

Have a day off completely. You will feel so much better for it. No paperwork no physical work nothing! Xx

Oh dani your salon is your future.
Do you really want to get paid nmw working for someone else knowing how much your bringing in.

It's hard to begin with but keep going

Is mum hard work in the salon?

Latest posts

Back