Hate being self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just from going on what you say here, someone who has been junioring in salons and is finishing a level three could be welcoming of an opportunity to progress and could hopefully bring enthusiasm to your salon as a result of that.

I actually worked with this girl a few years back before she actually started college and she was a nice girl. I know she might need some work but she would only be part time untill june whilst she is still at college and after that we could see about taking her full time. I'm so fed up of looking for staff :-(.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's what's worked best for me dani, I take them on before they finish college with no promises of a job at end, polish them up and if they are good enough they stay on :) id also suggest getting a (good) college placement girl in, good help in return for you showing them the ropes.

Oh thats good. The college near us do not do placements anymore and none of them fancying volenteering when the dont have to :-(

I still feel like this most days. i would love to have a regular job! steady pay and no nights or weekends. I hate that i don't really earn an income and what i do get is so measly :( i would love to not have to work weekends or nights but i fear clients would go elsewhere if i close up shop those times. it's taking so long to gain a clientele, it's a year and half in this new location and it's chugging along but not anywhere near where i want it :( it's depressing at times having to always worry about bills etc

I do find it stressful aswell and im a worrier so dont help myself either. It would be nice just to go to work and come home

I do find it stressful aswell and im a worrier so dont help myself either. It would be nice just to go to work and come home

I worry as well, it doesn't help at all :( I just sit and think about things, although it would be nice to go to a regular job i personally don't think i would be able to do that for too long. so although i would love a stable income i know i'd die in an office.

It would be nice just to go to work and come home

Even in employed work there are very jobs where you can do that!!

Even in employed work there are very jobs where you can do that!!

I know the grass is always greener though lol. Just need to give myself a shake and get back to hard graft :)

I know the grass is always greener though lol. Just need to give myself a shake and get back to hard graft :)

The grass is greener where you water it :) day off, chill out, refresh and you'll be ready to go again! If we don't want you to leave it I'm sure your clients don't :) xxx

Oh thats good. The college near us do not do placements anymore and none of them fancying volenteering when the dont have to :-(

The decent students would! As a level 2 I can safely say a good few of us (I'm in a mature group) would grab this opportunity. I want to become great treatments not just get a job at the end. Especially if I was taken on about now, any later in the year and it'd be harder as the end of the year and employment is in sight.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah I started working when I was still a student and I was good then, I'm better now but I was still good so hopefully we find the right person :) meeting the girl next week for a chat and will go from there.

Last year i gave up self employment to relocate with my partner....i got a full time managers job. and ive hated every day since i started. now i have to face starting over again with a new location. its scary and i dont know where to start, now we have a house i am financially crippled and forced to stay in a job i dont like.

what im saying in, ive regretted it. and i would hate for you to give up on two years of hard work, there is no way to know that being employed by somebody else is going to improve your relationship with your mum, and it also may not give to the satisfaction you want.
OR the wages.....as a manager i get less than £16000 a year..... so i think your doing great hun, and i wonder where i would be now if i hadnt of given up so easily.

Last year i gave up self employment to relocate with my partner....i got a full time managers job. and ive hated every day since i started. now i have to face starting over again with a new location. its scary and i dont know where to start, now we have a house i am financially crippled and forced to stay in a job i dont like.

what im saying in, ive regretted it. and i would hate for you to give up on two years of hard work, there is no way to know that being employed by somebody else is going to improve your relationship with your mum, and it also may not give to the satisfaction you want.
OR the wages.....as a manager i get less than £16000 a year..... so i think your doing great hun, and i wonder where i would be now if i hadnt of given up so easily.

Sorry to hear this. Thank you.

Thanks to all the geeks i feel so inspited by yous all ♥

Although I've said what I've said earlier on in this thread and fundamentally stand by it, there 'Is' a flip side. Working for/with someone else/others can be hell if you don't land on your feet. Employed or self employed, it's a cut throat world out there and people can make your life extremely uncomfortable on a whim.

If employed, you know you're definitely going to get a guaranteed amount of money coming in rain or shine. As self employed, clearly a lot of people do not. You may have to deal with the odd grumpy, unpleasant client but you don't have employers/colleagues potentially breathing down your neck every day, which you might do if employed.

If you work for someone, you can be very much at the mercy of those around you in terms of how they treat you eg a bully of a boss or work colleague/s.

Whichever side of the fence you're on there's always the potential for adverse circumstances. You just have to work out for yourself which is the lesser of the two. :hug:

Although I've said what I've said earlier on in this thread and fundamentally stand by it, there 'Is' a flip side. Working for/with someone else/others can be hell if you don't land on your feet. Employed or self employed, it's a cut throat world out there and people can make your life extremely uncomfortable on a whim.

If employed, you know you're definitely going to get a guaranteed amount of money coming in rain or shine. As self employed, clearly a lot of people do not. You may have to deal with the odd grumpy, unpleasant client but you don't have employers/colleagues potentially breathing down your neck every day, which you might do if employed.

If you work for someone, you can be very much at the mercy of those around you in terms of how they treat you eg a bully of a boss or work colleague/s.

Whichever side of the fence you're on there's always the potential for adverse circumstances. You just have to work out for yourself which is the lesser of the two. :hug:

I fully agree, for me self employment seems the better option, In my current very dull office admin/PA job, yes I have a steady wage but

a) I am basically someone's lacky, ordered to do this and that when he pleases, barked at and off loaded upon!

b) I spend my days filing little bits of paper in alphabetical order or looking at a computer screen very very bored, sometimes to tears!!

C) I can't earn anymore, my potential to earn more is far greater! But I am capped at this set wage & any pay rise I could get would be so minimal it would be taxed away or used to pay childcare fees.

The thought of being my own boss doing something I love, and working around my kids, having the freedom and flexibility to work as little or as often as I like (even if that means taking a pay cut) is like liquid gold to me.

I handed in my notice last week. Finish that job at the end of march!!!!

Hope your having a better week! X

Hope your having a better week! X

I am thank you and have got few days off in a couple weeks so looking forward to that :-D

Well had my few days away which has made me feel a lot better. And Im not as down and I am ready to go again. Wanting to get out there with some promoting to aswell. Thanks for everyobes support ♥

Well had my few days away which has made me feel a lot better. And Im not as down and I am ready to go again. Wanting to get out there with some promoting to aswell. Thanks for everyobes support ♥

That's great to hear. Make sure you make days off a regular thing so you don't end up in a rut again xx

Glad to hear that. Happy its all worked out make sure book somemore time off in a few months so u dont get stuck in a rut again.x

Latest posts

Back