Have a few questions about nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanbanan24

Reaction score
I'm sorry to ask lots of questions but I'm trying out lots of new things with nails and want to get everything perfect. Nails are the best to market yourself with as they are so visual!

1) I am using Gelbond from CND to apply Swarovski Crystals i put a blob in the flat side then apply to the nail with the second colour coat uncured, cure it, then apply top coat around crystals, then cure. The crystals don't last at all! What do you do?

2) Can anyone recommend where to get alloys from? Like bows and flowers and interesting things, So I don't have just crystals to offer?

3) What apps are you using to watermark your work? I don't want to use my business cards anymore as I want to get a better close up of the nails?

Would appreciate ANY help... Thank you geeks [emoji16]

1. Are you removing the inhibition layer prior to applying the Gel Bond?

2. I dont generakly like ebay very much lol but it's probably one of the good places to buy decorative art products.

Hi Pure, No I'm putting the crystal into uncured gel and then curing around it. Am I better to do all the shellac and curing then removing inhibition layer before glueing the crystal?

I'm not a fan of ebay either lol, so I thought I'd check to see if there were better sites

Hi Pure, No I'm putting the crystal into uncured gel and then curing around it. Am I better to do all the shellac and curing then removing inhibition layer before glueing the crystal?
So you're putting Gelbond onto uncured colour coat? I would try curing the colour coat, remove inhibition layer then Gelbond and crystal and then apply top coat making sure it covers the sides but not top of the crystal.

Yeah under a trainers instructions, but I will try it the way you suggested thanks [emoji4]

CND Gel bond is a pressure fixed glue and doesn't need curing? Have you confused it with setting the crystals into uncured UV gel? I just set mine into the topcoat layer and they last fine x

Have used piclay to watermark my work - it's free but works for me..

Latest posts

Back