Have a question to the mobile make up artists please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vika

Reaction score
Hi!!:)

I have a question to another Make-Up artists, who's working by mobile and coming to the client's houses to do their job... Because I'm working by the same way, I have a bit of a problem occurred when I preforming my work. When I'm doing my make-up work I have to stay for 1-2 hours because I cannot find opportunity to do my work by sitting on chair, as I need to go around the client to get an access to all of their sides of the face. And as a result, because I have to stay for so long bending my back and neck I start to have horrible pains in my neck and back after doing my work... I cannot find the way to fix this problem, as if I will sit on the normal chair I don't think it will be comfortable to do my work, I thought about having a special chair like in the salons but it seem to me to not be comfortable to always carry it with myself, because I already have two big boxes of Make-Up products to always carry with me...
Would be interesting to know if someone have the same problem, and if you find some way to fix it?

xx

No, buy a chair and find something to consolidate your makeup kit into 1. (A wheely trolley is brilliant for this).

I was always hurting my back or neck bending over for whatever crap chair was in the bride/client's living room or hotel room. A fold up makeup chair is the best thing I ever bought and I use it in my salon for trials then take it with me on the day to wherever I'm doing the makeup.

No, buy a chair and find something to consolidate your makeup kit into 1. (A wheely trolley is brilliant for this).

I was always hurting my back or neck bending over for whatever crap chair was in the bride/client's living room or hotel room. A fold up makeup chair is the best thing I ever bought and I use it in my salon for trials then take it with me on the day to wherever I'm doing the makeup.

Hi Salj!:)

Thank you for your advice... I maybe should look at some point for one. Do you not know the best place to get it as well?)) Speaking about trolley, I thought to get one at the beginning of my work, but then thought that the cosmetics can roll inside of it when I will have to lay it down in the back of the car, so it will be in the position of laying, not standing... and this is why I've bought Make-Up case carry boxes. Don't know what to do about it then... because to carry a chair and the boxes will be really heavy!:eek:

Hi Salj!:)

Thank you for your advice... I maybe should look at some point for one. Do you not know the best place to get it as well?)) Speaking about trolley, I thought to get one at the beginning of my work, but then thought that the cosmetics can roll inside of it when I will have to lay it down in the back of the car, so it will be in the position of laying, not standing... and this is why I've bought Make-Up case carry boxes. Don't know what to do about it then... because to carry a chair and the boxes will be really heavy!:eek:
My case is so full, the stuff doesn't roll around in it!

I got my chair off ebay. It cost me about £50 but there are cheaper ones out there. x

I bought a tall folding chair from eBay for £30. Perfect height x

I bought a tall folding "directors chair" and its the best thing ever, defintely worth having one as you don't want to do any permenant damage to your back! x

I bought a tall folding "directors chair" and its the best thing ever, defintely worth having one as you don't want to do any permenant damage to your back! x

Thank you for an advice Tiffany!:)
Can you tell where did you buy your one, please? x

Latest posts

Back