Have I picked the wrong time to try and make it as a nail tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teeka3pn

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know that this is probably one of the quieter times of year and that people are worried about the reccession but I don't seem to be able to get anybody interested.
I qualified in L&P, SpaManicure and Pedicure in Oct, have had my Popit training and have my Gel training and custom blend in Feb/March but I'm finding it really hard to get started, (I'm not expecting it to be handed to me on a plate and have been working hard at it and am definitely not a quitter).
I unfortunately don't have any family/friends who need/want extensions, (have practised for hours on my nail trainer but it's not the same), and people in general don't seem to want a newly qualified nail tech and although I have contacted some salons they don't seem to be willing to take on newbie techs either.
I've put out an advert as follows:

NEWLY QUALIFIED MOBILE CREATIVE NAIL TECHNICIAN
FULL SETS OF NAILS: £18 PER SET, (LIMITED PERIOD)
MANICURES, PEDICURES, NAIL ART AVAILABLE

Does this seem ok, or should I change something?
Thank you for listening, feel better now I've got it off my chest.
Many thanks

Ali x
Can I just say huge thank you to all who contribute to this site.

Why dont you OMMIT the Newly Qualified and offer a reduced amount for new and existing customers for a limited period, say after valentines day and a loyalty scheme, if they ask why the reduced amount just say I want to build up my client base....

Creative Nail Technician
New and existing customers Full set of Nails £20 for a limited period until (put date in)(20/2/09), loyalty scheme available

Jan is always a difficult month at the best of times...youll be just fine

Teresax

I agree about taking the newly qualified bit out some may not agree but i dont think you shoudl advertise the fact your newly qualified as clients can and will use that to there advantage hun!! They think because your new they can say they all feel off in a day and get a new set for nothing!!

I dont think there is ever a right time to enter the business you just have to have the will to want to succeed!!

Good luck xx

Many thanks for your advice, I'll remove the newly qualified bit and see how it goes,
Cheers

Ali xx

Hi
I am a new nail tech too and working from home a couple of days a week. I have been to Vista print to get some flyers done and they look really good think it cost £80 for about 1500. I go and post them out through doors to try and get customers that way. I also have done an advert in the local paper advertising a FEB OFFER!! That seems to have got a few interested. Also i have asked someone who delievers local papers to put my leaflets in with them and delieved leaflets to local business eg banks, travel agents and clothes shops etc.

Once you have got a handful of customers i was going to send text messages with offers and stuff each month if i am a bit quiet...Jan is a really quiet month because no one is going out!!

Hope these ideas help you.:Grope:

Latest posts

Back