Have my first stranger in today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samlintonx

Reaction score
I trained in acrylics a few months back and I've had lots of bookings through facebook and everyone who's nails I've done I know them but today I have my first client who I don't know and I'm so nervous [emoji30] what is she's picky and what are we supposed to talk about I'm gonna be sick[emoji85] have attached a few pics of nails I've done so any tips or advice welcome!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449045339.664167.jpg
[
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449045282.022129.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449045309.035428.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449045328.312186.jpg
ATTACH=full]192591[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449045262.313980.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449045262.313980.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 123
Those nails look great - you can do this!!

It's nerve wracking isn't it, I was so preoccupied about m first paying client that I went up the back of a jag so take care when out and about would be my first word of advice!!

I kept a crib sheet inside my top drawer in case I forgot what came next in the order of things while someone was talking - and I used it for a few weeks! Then I could just pretend to be looking for something and have a sneaky peek.

Likewise subjects to talk about. Conversation will probably flow anyway but good subjects are always where they live and how long they lived there or where they used to live if new to area, family, holidays, pets, not forgetting asking what their nails are like and what do they do to look after them (usually nothing - hand cream they go) lol

If she's picky it means she'll love you forever if you get it spot on so be sure to understand all her requirements, length, shape, etc.

Deep breaths now .... You'll be fine ;) xx

My awkward customer conversation topics are:- weather, Christmas, children/grandchildren, comment on the news or radio.

Usually conversation flows pretty well. Use open questions so she doesn't stop the conversation too easily.

I'm not a nails tech they look good, so just do the very best of your ability and you'll do fine.

Fake it til you make it. So exude confidence and it'll soon become true.

Your nails look great, don't over think it and just do you thing. Good luck.

Thank you for your replies everyone, made me feel better lol! I'm just used to talking to people I know so don't want it to be quiet/awkward [emoji85] I am excited too though I love doing nails xx

Try putting some music on if you don't already or the radio.
Sometimes when they're chatting on the radio you can talk about the same things or when they joke around it kind of lightens the mood if there's any awkwardness :)

Try putting the radio on for background my general chat at the moment is Christmas and as I am a military wife some of my clients are intrigued by what it's like, or another one is the weather lol (we have been having horrible weather the past 3 weeks (rain plus 25mph winds) you will do fine and btw love the pics I could never get the grasp of acrylics x

I don't have a radio[emoji30] I'll put music on my phone lol aw thank you jade it is really hard trying to get the right shape xx

Filing is the only thing I hate doing lol and if you have music channels or sky has radio on it if you have that? X

My sky is only in my living room and I do my nails upstairs, I'll have to get a wee radio just for moments like this lol thanks xx

Ahh and yeah Argos do little radios x

And let us know how it went!

Thanks girls she'll be here at half 4[emoji87] xx

And it's 5 past 5 and she still isn't here[emoji85] all that nerves and she might not even show!x

Awwwww no!! Hope she turned up Hun !! Xx

Did she turn up late? Xx

She didn't turn up at all! And didn't let me know either lol xx

That's so annoying!!! And very rude of her. X

Very rude, did you call to see where she'd got to?

I know thought it was so rude myself lol no I was going to msg her and say like what happened but I just left it x

Latest posts

Back