Have you heard of Nexgen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samsara

Reaction score
Just curious to know your opinion on this product - I personally have never heard of it and it seems a strange way to do acrylic nails.

It looks from the site to be a tip an dip system, even though it doesn't tell you to tip only shorten nails to desired length.
It's contradictory in what it says on the first page and on the proceedure page of it's site. No primer, but you have to apply a prep liquid, which I suspect is primer. No damage to natural nails but it tells you to remove all cuticle and natural shine with a medium grit band and an efile. It says strong and flexible but as a tip and dip system it won't be as strong as Liquid and powder enhancements.
In the testimonials section the only one they have mentions that they'll never get water underneath so won't get fungus, they obviously don't know greenies are caused by bacteria.
I wouldn't touch with a ten foot orange stick!

Thank you so much for that. One of my ladies had this done yesterday and then came to me today with a breakage. I never heard of this product. From what I seen from her nails they were completely flat (no apex) so nothing to give the extension any strength. Also whatever top coat she had put on it has chipped on various nails already. I explained to my client that extension nails need to be built up with an apex for strength etc etc. I just wanted to hear from someone else what they thought. I so appreciate the time you have taken to look in to this and to reply. Thank you xxx

I use nexgen and think its great, it normally lasts on my clients 2-4 weeks before infills required, I would agree it can be quite flat but it is super strong.

work with a girl who has this product on, nails are flat, no apex at all so not the most beautiful nails you might see, however they are still on with no lifting, chipping or cracks after almost four weeks wear. Help me with this one, how without any apex are they still on her fingers?

I'm not trained in acrylics or any extensions.... So I know little. I am keen to learn NEXGENAILS though! What exactly is the difference?

I begin level 3 beauty therapy in September and I will be learning the following about nails:
 Nail shapes; Fan • Hook • Oval • Pointed • Round • Ski Jump/Spoon • Square
 Liquid & Powder ;coloured powder enhancements sculpted enhancements using pink and white powder rebalance and reposition of white product nail biter treated using tips and French opaque overlays removal
 Gel; coloured gel enhancements sculpted enhancements using pink and white rebalance and reposition of white product nail biter treated using tips and French opaque overlays removal
 Wraps; tip and fibreglass overlay rebalance with fabric removal technique

(I copied that from the beauty schools website)
... Are any of them the same as NEXGENAILS??
I'm wondering if it's worth me bothering with it??

(Sorry I'm such a dits, don't know much about the nails)

Thank you!! Xx

Latest posts

Back