Having 1st ever Brazilian waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sameeel

Reaction score
Hi guys....
After a bit of advice:eek: Ive booked in for a full leg wax and brazilian before i jot off on my holidays.....

Any advice what to expect???
Advice of aftercare, pain management etc

Thankyou X

If you go to a good waxer they should honestly be giving you a printed aftercare sheet with ALL of that on it. And if they are really good they should be giving you a small sachet of appropriate cream for your brazilian :)

Main advise? If they tell you they are using strip wax on your brazilian... RUN :lol:

hi,
Speak to the therapist before the wax and ask her what to expect and what she will be taking off and what your requirements are.
Taking a couple of paracetemol beforehand can sometimes help with any discomfort as can making sure you are wearing loose cotton underwear.
Regarding aftercare do not
Bathe the area
do not apply any perfumes or products to the waxed skin apart from what is recommended by the therapist and wash your hands before you touch the area.
No gym,rigorous excercise,sunbed or sauna for 24/48hrs post wax.
thats all i can think of for now,hope i have helped :)

Hiya, when my friend gets hers done she uses teething gel lol. I did an intimate waxing course and the lady gave me the tip, which I passed on and she's never looked back. She uses a cheap one from asda and says she barely feels a thing. It has a local anaesthetic in, only mild as its used on babies teeth, said it feels strange but she'd never go for a wax without it now! But the lady above is right, all the aftercare advice should be given to first timers on a printed sheet xx

Last edited:
Great advice :)

I might ring the salon and ask if they use strip wax.....

Teething Gel ???.... Do you put it on your gums?.. or are you using it elsewhere??..

Actually think i may have some spare EMLA cream, could i use this to numb my sensitive bits :lol::lol:

I had one done when it all first started years and years ago. I lived in Surrey then and had to go all the way to Pimlico to get it done!

It was a dodgy little Salon, no aftercare advice and my friend waited out in the waiting room for me. I don't think she had done many and when I walked back out to my friend she asked if it hurt to which I replied "A little uncomfortable". At that point the therapist turned around in a now packed waiting room and said "Well, there was quite a lot to take off my dear". MORTIFIED!!!

Safe to say, I have never been back!

Good luck xx

Great advice :)

I might ring the salon and ask if they use strip wax.....

There are some excellent waxers that use strip wax.
Non-strip wax is what I use and is my preference but you shouldn't discount someone just because they use strip wax.

Let us know how it went :)

Lol she uses it down there! Sounds mad I know but hey I think anyone would try anything to make it less painful. When I was having my IPL I wish I knew lol, ouch!!

Try not to go just before and during! Time of the month as your sensitivity to pain will be increased. X

Latest posts

Back